Compiled caster thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So long story short I was looking into various combinations of caster correction and realized that there’s a ton of conflicting info on what caster methods gives what amount of caster. I read that the 4” slee plates give you 7*, 5*, and 3*. And there’s really no info on how much caster the MAF drop brackets give.

SOOOOOOOO I was hoping to help compile all the caster correction methods with how much caster they supply and put them in one spot
And if there’s another thread on this that I totally missed I’ll just delete this one to get rid of the clutter.

Last edited:
How much of a lift do you have on your 80? What kind of lift?

How much of a lift do you have on your 80? What kind of lift?

I was hoping for this to be more of a putting good info out there kind of thing. And not really about my situation.
But both 80s are on a 3” lift and one has slee plates and the other has dobinsons ones.

I was hoping for this to be more of a putting good info out there kind of thing. And not really about my situation.
But both 80s are on a 3” lift and one has slee plates and the other has dobinsons ones.

If you're below 3.5" of lift, my understanding is that caster bushings will serve you just fine. Wits End makes Caster plates for 4"+ of lift and Dobinsons makes plates that start at 5 degrees, so that would be too extreme.

I have a 1996 fzj 80 with a ome 3 in lift with 35in tires. Took to a friend's shop and had the whole front axle, bushings and tye rod ends rebuilt or replaced. I noticed a yellow caster plat on both side. He took it for a front end alignment and it was adjusted without a problem. But he pointed out with the front end on the rack. Tires hanging. The front spline only had about a half of inch inside the yoke and could possibly come out which also means the ome coils might come out. What could be done to rectify this possible problem. Thanks in advance

I have a 1996 fzj 80 with a ome 3 in lift with 35in tires. Took to a friend's shop and had the whole front axle, bushings and tye rod ends rebuilt or replaced. I noticed a yellow caster plat on both side. He took it for a front end alignment and it was adjusted without a problem. But he pointed out with the front end on the rack. Tires hanging. The front spline only had about a half of inch inside the yoke and could possibly come out which also means the ome coils might come out. What could be done to rectify this possible problem. Thanks in advance

This thread is for posting what caster correction method you went with and how much caster it gave you.

If you're below 3.5" of lift, my understanding is that caster bushings will serve you just fine. Wits End makes Caster plates for 4"+ of lift and Dobinsons makes plates that start at 5 degrees, so that would be too extreme.

This thread is more for stating how much caster each method gives you i.e “the land tank 2.5” caster correction plates gave me X amount it caster”

To get this rolling. I found that the metal tech caster correction plate give 3.5* of caster.

9FB6DFA2-A1B0-412B-AEAF-1257DC041196.jpeg

If I new how to delete it I would remove this or put it in the right place.

It’s totally ok. To the right of the report button is going to be three dots. Click that and then click edit. A window should pop up that’s says delete. I hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom