Colored rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So a few wheeling trips, and a number if crappy winters have chipped/ pitted my rims.
I'm wanting to sand them down and paint them this summer, but trying to figure out best color.
I like black, but it's over done, almost same with gun metal, but is my number one choice so far.
Second in line would be white, but I'm afraid it'll clash with the color of the truck, being dark blue.
Any recommendations???

bcguy said:
So a few wheeling trips, and a number if crappy winters have chipped/ pitted my rims.
I'm wanting to sand them down and paint them this summer, but trying to figure out best color.
I like black, but it's over done, almost same with gun metal, but is my number one choice so far.
Second in line would be white, but I'm afraid it'll clash with the color of the truck, being dark blue.
Any recommendations???

I think factory rims look the best with the dark blue. Have you thought about just keeping them stock looking? There's a few threads about refinishing center caps that has spray paint that's a close match to factory. Or you can refinish them by wire wheeling off the clear and pitting and then polish them. I had good luck doing that to a set.

Here's a Photochop I did with "Smurf Blue" and my gray armor and wheels
not dark blue, but may help.

Mine is a "blue" gray where as "gunmetal" gray has more yellow in it...more like anthracite.

blue80profile.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2011-02-13

Graphite stock wheels

We did our 92 with graphite Rust-oleum High Performance wheel paint. Then we shot a coat of clear to help protect against rock chips. Very impressed with the quality, look and coverage of the product. We liked it so much, we even painted the grill, the corner light trim and the bumper trim with it.
P1010006.jpg

We did our 92 with graphite Rust-oleum High Performance wheel paint. Then we shot a coat of clear to help protect against rock chips. Very impressed with the quality, look and coverage of the product. We liked it so much, we even painted the grill, the corner light trim and the bumper trim with it.

That looks amazing

Any recommendations???

Two tone looks good IMHO.

CIMG0058.jpg

Basic Black

Something else to look at.
wheels.jpg
wheel.jpg

Man! I run into this pic of yours from time to time and all I can think about is THAT THING LOOKS BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me wish I would have kept my OG 91.

gun metal for sure. at least thats my opinion. white mags not so much unless its a WRX or a tuner.

not fond of black on dark, but black on white/grey looks good.

at least with the gun metal..it should match well with black bumpers/sliders etc and wont get lost in the black tire.

where in nelson? father in law lives there and we often visit. next time im out there with the 80...wouldnt mind checking out some cool wheeling spots.

I went with the 40th anniversary style on my blue 80. Nothing earth shattering, but changes it up a bit using an OEM style.

Before center caps...

image-1409106486.jpg

image-2182328281.jpg

After center caps...

image-3186828232.jpg
image-1409106486.jpg
image-2182328281.jpg
image-3186828232.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom