Color Trim LE11 - does it exist??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

not sure if the mentioned "trim" is also for interior, since my chrome trimmed cruiser has also pewter instrument panel and glove box cover. i think it only covers the color of the bezel and or front/rear bumpers, linsence plate light covers etc.

Yes, instrument panel and glove box door are a different color, not the so-called "trim" color.

And for the record, the various paint codes and aftermarket paints available for the interior pewter are all s***. They look OK if you repaint everything at once, but none of them are really even close to the original color.

My trim color for the 1980 is P11. What is the difference in these colors?

I think the Trim code listed on the VIN plate is talking about the Vinyl Trim Color in the interior as in the front seats, jump seats, and door cards. Either black or gray I think. I have LE11 which I think is black, trying to confirm, because I think my front seats have been recovered in gray, and my jump seats and door cards look black although a little faded.....

(Im working on a 76 40, 012/LE11)

I have since learned that LS11 is Gray Vinyl. Definitely thinking LE11 is Black Vinyl.

Found this one: -► interior trim It's about Supra's and Celica's but it gives you an idea about the Toyota interior trim code system.

Rudi

Another site with information on Toyota trim codes. Scroll to the bottom to the 'Interior' section. According to the information, the first 2 letters are the fabric type, the next 2 are the interior colors.

Although LE is not listed, LB is identified as vinyl; 11 is identified as Grey, Moon Mist.

From reviewing photos and descriptions of firewall plates on Mud and other sites, these trim codes were used for US FJ40s:

1976-78 LE11
1979-83 LP11

Last edited:
Thank you wscbill.

89cruiserfj62, here's the sheet from the parts book i had that you pm'd about. not code listed, just dark gray
IMG_20130731_064636_377.jpg
IMG_20130731_064644_491.jpg

What year or years is that book for nuc?

This is good info... I’m trying to metch all my trim. One of the POs reupholstered directly over the OEM Seats. I’m thinki I have black as my code is LE11.

79D58973-BF99-46BF-A1DB-BEA95DD0B736.jpeg

did you consider that a previous owner has bought a blank vin plate after a paintjob and had the information engraved, but made an error on the trim color? I'm saying this because I found a very similar plate of the same color 40, a BJ in this case, but with LK11 trim color. LE11 ... LK11, just my 2 cents... or the error was already made in the factory... whoops factory mistypo... rare! :)

see VIN plate here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/vin-jpg.249765/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom