CMCC 2022 registration is now open! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may be the last one, but registration done. I’ve never been before, but excited to meet more people here and learn the trails. Trying to decide if my 8 year old daughter is going to come with or not, I put her on everything so we can make the call last minute. Any other kids coming so she has some company?
Final counts are in. 101 adults, 17 kids. She'll have lots of company.

I'm going to try and, at least, come hang out for a night.

We're moving, and I'm swamped with a ton BS to take care of before we put our house on the market.

19 years in the same house..

All the "I'll do it later" projects now need to be done... :doh:

I'm going to try and, at least, come hang out for a night.

We're moving, and I'm swamped with a ton BS to take care of before we put our house on the market.

19 years in the same house..

All the "I'll do it later" projects now need to be done... :doh:
staying in the area?

So who’s going when?

I’m trying to decide, I registered for camping Friday and Sat night, but will probably only do one. I may come up after work Friday, stay, wheel Saturday, dinner and then either stay or head out.

Most likely sleeping in the back of the Expedition (row rig) so no need to set up a tent.

I'll be there Wednesday through Sunday morning.

Gary,
Carolyn and I plan to roll into Pine Grove Wednesday late afternoon-early evening. We will head out O-dark thirty on Sunday morning.

FYI Completed our 1st day on the Blue Ridge Parkway today. Rain and fog most of the morning with spotty fog hanging into the afternoon. Despite this, Carolyn seemed to really enjoy the sights and chugging along in the 70. Need to keep this up attitude up. lol

Question - what time is wheeling typically done each day? Probable schedule for me is come in very early Friday, go straight to AOAA, get tech inspected, wheel Friday, camp Friday night, wheel Saturday, and head home Saturday after wheeling. I have family reasons to be home Saturday night, I’d miss dinner but I’d rather have the 2 full days to wheel.

Feedback from the Veterans? Can I get tech’ed at AOAA?

Sure you can get tech inspected at AOAA. The gotham guys will be there to get it done for you. Your schedule looks fine to me.

Question - what time is wheeling typically done each day? Probable schedule for me is come in very early Friday, go straight to AOAA, get tech inspected, wheel Friday, camp Friday night, wheel Saturday, and head home Saturday after wheeling. I have family reasons to be home Saturday night, I’d miss dinner but I’d rather have the 2 full days to wheel.

Feedback from the Veterans? Can I get tech’ed at AOAA?
No worries. Tech inspection happens during lineup.

Great trip. Got back Saturday night, left AOAA just as the rain started to fall and skipped dinner to head home. Maiden voyage for my junk was successful. Ran blues most of day with some green and a few optional black spurs mixed in. 3 80’s, including DrDobro, Dave’s GX, myself and another 40 that was remarkably similarly built. I don’t remember everyone’s names of board names, so please post up. I have lots of pics and some video so will put more up later or I can send to someone to host.

The rig ran great and gets it done for having 33’s. Only issues so far were heat related, under hood temps get way too hot and I need more cooling for engine and power steering. Hood came off after lunch and resolved those issues.

Was awesome to meet a lot of members here in person for the first time, can’t wait for next trip out!

D73E9733-A44E-4603-9A2C-191F6755E95D.jpeg

957C1554-21E8-4C32-BD74-DC792AEC91E8.jpeg

3DED2F9E-E76E-48C1-9932-5AEAD4DE91D2.jpeg

7FC78E62-9F7F-415E-A945-D6CFA7DC3E15.jpeg

72C50DEE-3859-4B5D-A97A-07D502E1DE74.jpeg

Cool pics! I have some I have to post up.
Was curious to see if anyone posted as I am still traveling while dean doing all the driving.

Great meeting you Jeff @FuglyYota Not fugly at all !!!! Great suspension engineering you did

Kudos to Chris for doing all the leading, couldn’t be any better

It was a great time all around, it was my first time at AOAA and it didn't disappoint! The new @BudBuilt skids performed well and my truck made it out unscathed (aside from a tender kiss from a tree on my driver sider upper rear body panel) and I couldn't not ask for more!

I've put together an album with pics and vids from the day linked below, feel free to check it out!

@FuglyYota great to meet you and nice pics! I saved these and dropped them in but if you could please upload any others to the album when you have a sec, along with any vids you might have, that would be great! Gonna try to put together a little edit. @dr_dobro great to see you and Dean again, if you guys could do the same that would be great!

Hope to see you all again soon!

Last edited:
I added a few photos and videos to the link as well.

Rick, Joe, looks like you guys had a lot of fun too. Rigs look great, hope to see you and wheel together on the next one!

Our drive home was not free of events/news ...
About two hours into the drive back, Carolyn received a text from our son-in-law to let us know that our daughter Katie given birth at 0425. Baby and mother were doing fine. A little later we received a few more details and the following picture of Miles.
Miles.jpg

Certainly a CMCC for the books

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom