Events/Trails CMCC 2021 Registration closes June 30th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm headed to AOAA Wednesday morning to see who is wheeling that day and then headed down to the campground. I'll be in cabin A74 near the registration cabin from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday morning. I'm planning to have coffee in the morning for anyone who wants to stop by. Bring a cup but remember my crew is usually on the road a bit after 8. If you're headed past the cabin after a day of wheeling stop for a beer too.
The trailer parking area has changed slightly over the years due to the frisbee golf course setup. I do remember some guys sleeping in that area near/in their rigs but can't say what the campground people would feel about it.
FYI AOAA is about 40 miles from the campground that's if you're headed up I81 and getting off at milepost 116. There's one steep hill with a switchback in it once you get onto route 125. There's another way to get to AOAA without using the interstate but it involves traversing three steep windy mountains (big hills???) on route 125.

the thermostat housing bolt that snapped off wasn't finished with me yet, lol! During the first attempt at tightening it also promptly gave me back about 5 of the lower threads, which were fixed with a tap-n-die kit from autozone. I'm happy to say that the new thermostat works as promised, no leaks, hell Yeah!

"Note: No adult beverages are allowed to be brought into Twin Grove Campground. However, adult beverages can be purchased on site." this is from the GCLC event page. How accurate is this? Does the campground staff actively police this? and are there any green advocates that have camped here and been cool? asking for a friend.

are there any green advocates that have camped here and been cool?

Don't hotbox your tent, or do bong hits at the picnic table.

Be discreet.

Although medical marijuana is legal in PA, I'm sure Twin Grove frowns heavily upon use on their property. It's a real family oriented campground.

I'm headed to AOAA Wednesday morning to see who is wheeling that day and then headed down to the campground. I'll be in cabin A74 near the registration cabin from Wednesday afternoon through Sunday morning. I'm planning to have coffee in the morning for anyone who wants to stop by. Bring a cup but remember my crew is usually on the road a bit after 8. If you're headed past the cabin after a day of wheeling stop for a beer too.
The trailer parking area has changed slightly over the years due to the frisbee golf course setup. I do remember some guys sleeping in that area near/in their rigs but can't say what the campground people would feel about it.
FYI AOAA is about 40 miles from the campground that's if you're headed up I81 and getting off at milepost 116. There's one steep hill with a switchback in it once you get onto route 125. There's another way to get to AOAA without using the interstate but it involves traversing three steep windy mountains (big hills???) on route 125.
Might not take the 40 tomorrow it has only a bikini top and might be thunderstorms. Hmmmm will play it by ear

I'm going to be headed down on Thursday morning. Any chance someone here is in a pet friendly cabin or cottage and willing to switch with me?

Here’s another rookie question ; is there a fuel station on the way to AOAA? If not, what’s the good place to stop for diesel? Coming from south/Maryland.

There are gas stations at the I81 exit for Twin Grove that should have diesel. If not, I'm sure you can find diesel between TG and AAOA.

@captainva No cabin but I have a pet friendly tent I’ll swap with you!?!?

I would think as long as your dog doesn’t tear it up or bark constantly you would probably be ok to sneak them in.

Toys are loaded. Roll out tomorrow after work. Can't wait!!

PXL_20210713_234105546.jpg

@captainva No cabin but I have a pet friendly tent I’ll swap with you!?!?

I would think as long as your dog doesn’t tear it up or bark constantly you would probably be ok to sneak them in.

Thats what I'm thinking if nothing else. There is a fine for pets in non pet cabins but I guess I'll see what ends up happening.

Thats what I'm thinking if nothing else. There is a fine for pets in non pet cabins but I guess I'll see what ends up happening.
I have a Pet cabin but no pet this time, except for Matt and Austin. I’m happy to discuss with them if adding your dog to the mix is kosher, or if a cabin swap can work. I’ll PM you my number to discuss further.

Please be sure to take pics and trail reports for those of us stuck at home...

Rob
Rob you’re not going to make it up bummer

only picks I got yesterday.
5DA3EBAC-8979-4C65-8CBA-B41A7FAEBE7B.jpeg
32423A9D-B705-4879-A1D7-3093488BF428.jpeg

Only got to wheel one day so here are some pics.

20210715_111119.jpg

20210715_111126.jpg

20210715_111148.jpg

20210715_111204.jpg

20210715_121252.jpg

More

20210715_121334.jpg

20210715_121337.jpg

20210715_121605.jpg

20210717_080848.jpg

223D153D-0D51-4F01-B1BF-EFE1A17B3CD3.jpeg
D3C70A4D-C2F0-47C6-A252-797411733AE5.jpeg