CM07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's wrong with taking your kid(s) with you? I think my kids love camping and 4-wheeling even more than I do. Sure they can be a hassle sometimes with frequent potty breaks (or dirty diapers) and the ability to get filthy and leave a big mess wherever they go. But they don't care. I want to brainwash, I mean teach them to love the outdoors, fishing and Land Cruisers at a very young age so that it is an important part of their lives. Paige was about 8 weeks old when she went on her first camping trip. All winter long both of them have been telling me they want to go camping. I'm too much of a wimp to camp when it's cold so I keep feeling guilty when I tell them they have to wait until summer. I should buy a little camp trailer so I can camp in a little more comfort during the colder months.

Greg's always like that. :flipoff2:

I think it's because his 60 doesn't run as well on the highway as Marc's...

So running great on the highway means not having enough power to pass someone on the rare occasion you encounter someone slower than you , not enough power to get up a hill any faster than 50 mph and a comfortable top speed of ~70 mph?

I'll second this. Even though I've never been a parent, I've been camping with families with kids from newborn to teen. It's an experience they will never forget and will appreciate in later life.

One little girl, who is not so little now, went on a school trip to India a few years back. She noted that all of her cohorts were too hot, too cold, too dirty, and in general too wimpy. She took it all in stride having spent weeks at a time camping in remote places. Because of here camping experiences she had a tolerance for being a little uncomfortable.

What's wrong with taking your kid(s) with you? I think my kids love camping and 4-wheeling even more than I do. Sure they can be a hassle sometimes with frequent potty breaks (or dirty diapers) and the ability to get filthy and leave a big mess wherever they go. But they don't care. I want to brainwash, I mean teach them to love the outdoors, fishing and Land Cruisers at a very young age so that it is an important part of their lives. Paige was about 8 weeks old when she went on her first camping trip. All winter long both of them have been telling me they want to go camping. I'm too much of a wimp to camp when it's cold so I keep feeling guilty when I tell them they have to wait until summer. I should buy a little camp trailer so I can camp in a little more comfort during the colder months.

I think my comment was misconstrued. I was giving absolutely no suggestion that you shouldn't take kids 4-wheeling, camping etc,...and my record with this group shows that.

We're specifically not going to CM because of Ryan being in school and last I checked no one had offered to fly out and mind the store while my wife and I snuck off alone for some fun on the slickrock.

So, no comentary, just envy from me.

We try to give my daughter as many new and exciting experiences as possible. That being said, seeing as we have no family here and my mother in law offered to fly out so Jen and I could take a mini-vacation alone, how could we refuse?

I think my comment was misconstrued. I was giving absolutely no suggestion that you shouldn't take kids 4-wheeling, camping etc,...and my record with this group shows that.

We're specifically not going to CM because of Ryan being in school and last I checked no one had offered to fly out and mind the store while my wife and I snuck off alone for some fun on the slickrock.

So, no comentary, just envy from me.

Pull him out for a couple days. His education will not implode. Our kids have gone for the whole week. We get the teachers to load them up with work and bring it along.

Pull him out for a couple days. His education will not implode. Our kids have gone for the whole week. We get the teachers to load them up with work and bring it along.

He's already been pulled out a couple times for such heinous activities as skiing and going to see grandma. We've already been given the "importance of consistent attendance" speech. I'll save my battles with the school for something big like another trip to Costa Rica or such.

It's really a moot point now as the trails have already been divied up already.

I don't think the trails have been divied up yet. I haven't heard yet anyway.

Dan's right. This is way more important to testoronical awareness than, say, Costa Rica. Tell the teacher there is more to life than her class. Is she single? Tell her you know a guy building a 40!

I don't think the trails have been divied up yet. I haven't heard yet anyway.

The guy has said he doesn't want to come to Moab. Leave him be.

-Mike-

Clarification, Pappy, is always good.

Beowulf - that's not what he said. In fact, he insinuated he in fact wanted to come but was impeded by an overly myopic educational system.

Since Pappy is not inclined to offer any assistance, the basic he-man path seems to be the only alternative I can come up with.

The subsurface hydrological permeability regimes, including the horizontal flow nets, of the Moab area are fascinating.

Of course, if you think the chebby engine won't make it, that's different...

Of course, if you think the chebby engine won't make it, that's different...

Since he has frequently stated that it is unbearable to travel the extra 30 minutes on the highway to the Jemez through Cuba, just think how miserable the 6+ hours driving to Moab would be.

Maybe he could trailer the 60? HEY SHAWN!! Is the trailer available the first week in May?

:D

j/k Greg but you really should keep the kid in school. Let Janet come to Moab though... she's fun to party with.

-Mike-

I'm still enjoying the new car smell. Let me kick the tires some more and I'll get back to you :beer:

Jon

This thread has really gone to hell: Costa Rica is for poofs, Jon's new car smell and kicking tires! (not going there), my fear of driving, falsely acusing fine GM motors of unreliability, unpraise for our public education...and a desire to party with my wife! Foreshame..blaspheme...

Micheal B. - If your mother-in-law wants to fly out and have your daughter all to herself while you and your honey get a few days vacation, that sounds like a great plan.

Greg - I now understand your dilemma. Do you take a child out of school to go camping and wheeling if it means you are not sending the message that education is important? My kids aren't in school yet so I haven't had to deal with the issue of missing class to do something more fun. Danise is actually homschooling Colin so as long as that goes on, I won't need to worry about it either.

Jon - I don't even know what to say or think.

Da' 40 has a new car smell? So I take it you are able to buy that scent in one of those air fresheners from Autozone?

Da' 40 has a new car smell? So I take it you are able to buy that scent in one of those air fresheners from Autozone?

Dude, do I have to spell it out for ya. Think metaphor here :grinpimp:. And I'll give ya some history in case you missed the original banter between Beowulf, SteveLCetc, and me.

Says the guy that we caught eating breakfast 2 days in a row at the Ramada Inn 'cause there was a cutie waitress that was flirting with him. :D

Hey, I'd bring my own, but I'm not having much luck. Until then, I'll look all I want and not have to worry about elbows in the ribs or getting kicked from under the table.

I don't know if this is an issue yet. In the mean time, breakfast at the Golden Spike is still on with the hope that they have continued their hiring practices. :D

Is she single? Tell her you know a guy building a 40!

For the moment, while still single, not currently available. :D

So, I clarified ... :cool:

I'm still enjoying the new car smell. Let me kick the tires some more and I'll get back to you :beer:

Since I'm going to miss the next meeting, and the next run, those of you that are dying of curiosity are just going to have to wait, and hope I don't go down in flames. And no, she is not going to Baja with me [dang].

This thread is worthless without pics! :D

-Mike-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom