CM07 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Registrations are out, who's going?

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/cmregister07.asp

There is an overnight, to Comb Wash, anyone been there?

This is the first list I've seen, from a guy in Los Alamos:
Thursday1: Golden Spike
>Thursday2: Hells Revenge
>Thursday3: Gold Bar Rim

>Friday1: Hells Revenge
>Friday2: Poison Spider Mesa
>Friday3: Porcupine Rim

>Saturday1: Gold Bar Rim
>Saturday2: Poison Spider Mesa
>Saturday3: Wipe-Out Hill

I'm thinking Golden Spike, Behind the Rocks, Moab Rim, Cliff Hanger, and ?. Unfortunately that's at least 4. Any recommendations?

I'm thinking Golden Spike, Behind the Rocks, Moab Rim, Cliff Hanger, and ?. Unfortunately that's at least 4. Any recommendations?

you'll love Behind the Rocks. that is one my favorite trails there. i need to do it again. we are shooting for the HDC in Moab in Oct. my summer is set aside for Black Hills CC.

Last year was my first time to Moab and I did Elephant Hill, Hells Revenge, and Kane Creek. What trails would you guys recommend for CM2007?

I would like to do Fins, PSM, and maybe Golden Spike.

-Mike-

I would like to do Fins, PSM, and maybe Golden Spike.

PSM is the opener for Golden Spike. Gold Bar Rim is the end of Golden Spike. i would go with GS and you get to do PSM and GBR. that saves your PSM choice for something else. i led half of GS one year and there was a ton of 80's on the run. i believe Ali was there and Alvaro too. Evan and Jack were along as well. Moab Rim isn't as bad as i remembered it from the first time. a little off camber, but if you are paying attention and don't go full throttle, no problem.

Last edited:
Here's our request:

Thursday2: Cliff Hanger
Thursday3: Behind the Rocks
Friday1: Cliff Hanger
Friday2: Behind the Rocks
Friday3: Fins & Things
Saturday1: Behind the Rocks
Saturday2: Golden Spike
Saturday3: Cliff Hanger

Yee haa!!!

Here's our request:

Thursday2: Cliff Hanger
Thursday3: Behind the Rocks
Friday1: Cliff Hanger
Friday2: Behind the Rocks
Friday3: Fins & Things
Saturday1: Behind the Rocks
Saturday2: Golden Spike
Saturday3: Cliff Hanger

Yee haa!!!

Steve, I don't think Behind the Rocks is offered on Saturday.

Last edited:
I'm sure there will be lots of talk of this event at the meeting tomorrow night... but do you guys think I would be ok in my FJ? I know the trail team was there last year and were pretty much bone stock... but those guys are good drivers... I'm still a little on the green side.

Two things here -

1st:
Here's the story on Behind the Rocks for Saturday. They don't have a trail leader. Can anyone lead it? They say you need to have run it twice before to lead, so that means I can't lead it until I run it two more times...

Any volunteers out there? Testing, testing, 1-2-3 ...

I'll see if they will put me on it and I will help out, if need be.

2nd:
Cajun -

You did Guaje, right? I'd say that's at least a 4 (mods of that estimate welcome). You did the ATRAC thing too? Stick with 3x's for practice if you want, but GO if you can. It's an amazing thing, Cruise Moab.

Then I'm in. I need to talk my brother into coming out and checking it out too. Although... he got a little scared on some of the "steep" stuff out at Rio Puerco. All I know is I'm not letting him drive my truck again... he nearly clipped my driver's side mirror off at Cedro on a trail that is 10 feet wide while trying to open a coke... that subsequently exploded all over my steering wheel.

Although... he got a little scared on some of the "steep" stuff out at Rio Puerco.

Puerco rock is soft sandstone. traction is good, but isnt great. Moab traction is GREAT! same look to the rock, but no crumbling. you can do stuff that is steeper than puerco without slipping a tire. most stuff that steep is optional or on a 4+ trail, so as Greg said, do 4's or less and you'll be fine.

Hey Guys -

I finally got signed up as a member of Mud. Forgive me, but I've been a little distracted lately with the broken leg!

I got registered for Cruise Moab today. This will be my third time and I can't wait. For any of you folks new to the High Desert Cruisers, I highly recommend it!

Here are my trail choices:

Thursday: #1: Elephant Hill; #2: Fins & Things; #3: Metal Masher
Friday: #1: Cliff Hanger; #2: Metal Masher; #3: Hell's Revenge
Saturday: #1: Metal Masher; #2: Cliff hanger; #3: Elephant Hill

Ellen is going this year, so we hope to start with Elephant Hill. I ran it last year and it's a great trail. Technically not too difficult, but fantastic scenery and it's actually got outhouses along the way (wives in particular appreciate these) and a couple of short hikes. The trailhead is about 70 miles from Moab, so it's a long day, but worth it. Take extra gas if you've got a 40 with stock fuel capacity (Right, Steve?).

If I get to run Cliff Hanger and Metal Masher this year, I will have run all the "4" rated trails that CM offers. I've also done Golden Spike before. Maybe we'll move up to the other 4+s next year - Behind the Rocks and Moab Rim.

Looking forward to it!

Evan

I signed up last night.

-Mike-

I'd love to go but the event is always 1 week too early for my schedule. Final exam week has been the week after CM the past 2 years and will be the same for 2007. On top of that, whatever final term project I'm working on is generally due the middle or end of the same week as CM. I'll certainly go whenever I give up on the this damn graduate school crap or by some miracle I graduate - 4 years from now.

Just signed up.

Trail Information
Thursday 1: Elephant Hill
Thursday 2: Porcupine Rim
Thursday 3: Fins & Things
Friday 1: Fins & Things
Friday 2:Metal Masher
Friday 3:poison Spider Mesa
Saturday 1: Porcupine Rim
Saturday 2: Fins & Things
Saturday 3: Gold Bar Rim

I'm registered for Moab!!!!

Here is my trail selection:

Thursday1: Elephant Hill
Thursday2: Fins & Things
Thursday3: Gold Bar Rim
Friday1: Poison Spider Mesa
Friday2: Kane Creek Canyon
Friday3: Hells Revenge
Saturday1: Porcupine Rim
Saturday2: Gold Bar Rim
Saturday3: Elephant Hill

Not sure if I picked the right ones or not, but they all looked like fun. See y'all in Utah (well hopefully before then).

My request was:

Thursday1: Behind the Rocks
Thursday2: Metal Masher
Thursday3: Kane Creek Canyon

Friday1: Poison Spider Mesa
Friday2: Cliff Hanger
Friday3: Metal Masher

Saturday1: Cliff Hanger
Saturday2: Poison Spider Mesa
Saturday3: Kane Creek Canyon

Glad you are coming Michael! I think you'll love Kane Creek. We had a bone stock FJC on Kanes last year. Street tires too. The driver had some experience though but not a lot. The truck did quite well and, with a little rock stacking, he got up the waterfall coming out of the canyon without a strap.

Don't be shy about asking for a spot on that ledge road leading out of the canyon. It has some tough areas and a pretty steep drop on the left.

Make your reservations at Slick Rock if you are camping. That is where the headquarters will be.

-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom