CM 2012 May2 - May 6 2012 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Best Western Moab $130/night so far
thumb.gif
holding out for <$100/night

I haven't made any reservations yet

I am good with >$100/night... or I will sleep in the LC ;)

Melissa not coming ? :frown:

That is correct, I am flying solo this year with an empty seat.

I finally got my trail assignments - after they asked for volunteer commitments :rolleyes:- seriously, I think it was just a coincidence :hillbilly:

anyway, are we going yet :bounce: :steer:

Trail assignments are out: Spike on Thurs (the usge), they bumped us on my Friday 1st choice (even though there was 1 spot available) so may go wildcat or do some mountain biking that day; Kayne Creek Canyon Sat. (or open for a wildcat run there too). Booked the Bowen yesterday so other then some last minute rig tweeking and purchasing of the appropriate post trail beverages (and maybe some tequila for my birthday on that Friday) we are set. It'll be me and my son with a couple of AZFJ guys there. Could only swing Wed. - Sun. this year. So hope to catch up with the caravan in town Wednesday. Cheers, Norm

Some of us have rooms, finally...

At the 4 Corners Inn/Blanding on Sat and Sun 4/28 & 29. Call, mention that you are with Copper State for pricing. Single room $43, double $50.

Contact Four Corners Inn

Staying at the National 9/Monticello on 4/30 & 5/1. Call, mention that you are with Copper State for pricing. Small, single room in the front $44.99, double on the north side $49.99, the larger room in the back, $59.99.

National 9 Motel Monticello | National 9 Inn? clean motel rooms, convenient location, And affordable rates in Monticello Utah. Family owned and operated wit

Some of us have rooms, finally...

At the 4 Corners Inn/Blanding on Sat and Sun 4/28 & 29. Call, mention that you are with Copper State for pricing. Single room $43, double $50.

Contact Four Corners Inn

Staying at the National 9/Monticello on 4/30 & 5/1. Call, mention that you are with Copper State for pricing. Small, single room in the front $44.99, double on the north side $49.99, the larger room in the back, $59.99.

National 9 Motel Monticello | National 9 Inn? clean motel rooms, convenient location, And affordable rates in Monticello Utah. Family owned and operated wit

So is there an itinerary to go alone with this?

Looks like Lorna & I will be running Hole in the Rock with Drew & his dad. Have made reservations & will catch you folks on Saturday.

we are looking at John's Canyon, possibly requires camping

we are also looking at Blue Notch Canyon, may also require camping

dang, I forgot to call the ranger today :bang:

we are also looking at returning through Lockhart on Saturday

Last edited:
So is there an itinerary to go alone with this?

Have talked about several trails, Juan has the notes, but most likely trails of opportunity in the area.

we are looking at John's Canyon, possibly requires camping

we are also looking at Blue Notch Canyon, may also require camping

dang, I forgot to call the ranger today :bang:

we are also looking at returning through Lockhart on Saturday
Heard Blue John canyon is expensive....could cost you an arm and a leg! Well, maybe just an arm, and 127 hours.:hillbilly:

All reservations are made so it looks like we are set and the beginning of an itinerary is in the works

I'm hoping to meet up with you guys again this year ! Had a blast last year !

I'm hoping to meet up with you guys again this year ! Had a blast last year !

Are you driving straight through again?

Slow down Michael, isn't this way too early to 'plan' a ride? :hmm: :hillbilly: :steer:

Here is the itinerary as I have it. It’s in pencil and bound to change.

Saturday 4/28: Drive to Blanding with stops in Valley of the Gods and Mulley Point overlook.
Sunday 4/29: John’s Canyon, Natural Bridges, Trail of the Ancients, and return to Blanding.
Monday 4/30: Arch Canyon, Comb Ridge, travel to Monticello.
Tuesday 5/1: Elephant Hill then return to Monticello
Wednesday – Saturday: Moab for wildcat runs.
Sunday 5/6: Return to Phoenix

Wednesday, after Claudia is thru tech, I want to go out to Spring Canyon Point, with a drive-by at Secret Spire (dark-green).

I am going through Tech as well on Wednesday - I will join you on that day run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom