Clutch Fork Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60Seth

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone replaced the clip that holds the ball in place? Other than that it looks very good. Kind of hate to toss it.

B33985C7-55B4-4E28-B9A0-0C480D04A28E.jpeg

On the '86 and '87s (and 85s?) that use a spring loaded slave cylinder, that clip on the clutch fork is only helpful when installing the transmission. Once everything is bolted up and installed, that clutch fork clip doesn't do anything. The slave spring keeps the socket in the fork pressed against the pivot ball.

So if it not being complete bugs you... sounds like you could prob make one from a paper clip. :)

On the '86 and '87s (and 85s?) that use a spring loaded slave cylinder, that clip on the clutch fork is only helpful when installing the transmission. Once everything is bolted up and installed, that clutch fork clip doesn't do anything. The slave spring keeps the socket in the fork pressed against the pivot ball.
Thanks I’ll toss it the used parts pile.

hmmm....I noticed my fork had a somewhat wallowed out indentation there. I should have replaced the whole clutch fork. Partsouq has the clutch fork assembly available for 31.00 and change
That’s a great price.

Discontinued 5/85-90 Fork. Earlier one is available... Not sure if they swap.

Discontinued 5/85-90 Fork. Earlier one is available... Not sure if they swap.

I think you could use an earlier one if you also use an earlier slave cylinder, or at least the push rod on the slave. Not a direct swap between early and late clutch forks.

Also the bellhousing is different (or one of the two includes a bracket) to accommodate the different slave cylinders.

Forgot about the mounting bracket, that's for the earlier slave cylinders. Found a photo comparing early and late clutch forks.

IMG_4227.JPG

@Godwin , so earlier is 84/85? Partsouq quoted me 31.83 plus 23.44 shipping for part # 3120460030 but when I look it up on another site looks like its for a 84/85 and not 87.

Apparently so, this part number is for the earlier FJ60s and will not work for an '87.

on a side note- The pivot ball and fork socket friction area should have a glob of grease in it

I ordered an early one from Partsouq & the next day they cancelled my order. “Parts not available”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom