CLT Body Shop Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

elkaholic

Left turn ...freakin wipers!
SILVER Star
Threads
The storms that came through yesterday brought heavy hail to our house. I was finishing up installing the step plates on the Slee Sliders on the 80 when I could hear the hail coming up the street which was then followed by an incredible hail storm with golf ball sized hail (some bigger than that) and 40-50 mph winds ....

Had to make a quick decision given a two car garage and three vehicles, so the 80 took one for the team ... so I need to at least get an estimate for damage repairs ...

iPhone Video of Storm

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/shouston/media/MUD Public Album/HailSortm2_zps677c6074.mp4.html

Hail Pics

photo 3.JPG

IMG_0965 - tn.jpg

Damage .... hard to capture

DSC_0680-tn.jpg

DSC_0684-tn.jpg

DSC_0683-tn.jpg

Last edited:
Little rock auto sales and body shop , did a great job on the honda , when it had hail damage.

Thanks Eric ... will see what they say.

One of the best body men in Union County is Sheldon Medlin at Reflections Auto Body. He's between Monroe and Waxhaw not far from Furniture Factory Outlet World. He's old school but does fantastic work.

...via IH8MUD app

That was in town???? Didn't get a lick of wind or rain at my work or house. In fact none of my techs except for one in Salisbury even reported any rain to me yesterday.

Crazy how a few miles makes a difference.

Yes it was .... We will need a new roof (shingles are fubar'd) new gutters and downspouts ( they got beat up pretty bad) and the aluminum trim around the garage door and probably a few other nits ... We may have to reaping since the hardi board siding (freaking iPad auto correct) repaint since the Hardie Board siding held up well, but the paint is marked up as is the stain on our fence. The walkway lights are all speckled as well ... not dented but the finish on the metal is messed up.

I am actually very surprised he sunroof did not get busted on the 80. I hate the 80 got it, but would have hated the 200 a helluva lot more.

Thanks for the suggestions on body shops ... Will be checking them out.

Had to deal with all the vultures today (roofing companies)

The aluminum roof on our RV looks like a bunch of kids were turned loose on it with ball peen hammers. Dents every 3 inches or so and a little damage to some plastic items on the roof. I'll be scrambling to make some temporary fixes before our June trip.

Sam

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thankfully that storm skirted Tega Cay. Sorry to see it hit you. I hope Cirbo was spared this time.

I had similar hail damage here several years ago. My Honda Accord had ~$2,500 worth of damage. I took it several places for estimates and ending up using Import Paint and Body on Independence Blvd. for paintless dent repair as I had used them a few times over the last 20 years for bodywork with great success. As expected, their guy did a great job and for less than the insurance check. The owner, Lauren, recently got an older 4Runner and he wants to take it to URE.

I used Camden Roofing out of Charlotte to replace the roofing, gutters, and window screens. Due to a small but pesky leak in the gas hot water stack, they had to come out and attempt repairs numerous times over a several year period. Only in the last few months did it finally get resolved. I'm really glad I went with a local outfit who stood behind their work.

Don't be in a hurry to get repairs made but get your insurance folks to inspect the damage soon. Based on my experience, the hail damage to the 80 might actually improve in the next few months as the metal is subjected to the summer heat.

We were down at HHI for the week, but the house sitter reported "marble sized" hail. The 3500 was outside, but doesn't show any visible damage. All pretty crazy, as Sam's house is only ~2.5 miles from here.

We were down at HHI for the week, but the house sitter reported "marble sized" hail. The 3500 was outside, but doesn't show any visible damage. All pretty crazy, as Sam's house is only ~2.5 miles from here.

Probably less as the crow flies. Glad you didn't have anything bad.

Noticed today that the clear coat has failed in several spots where the hail impacted the 80. :bang:

Also noted that the table my Big Green Egg is in has some significant damage.... and I had finished it (stain and 5 coats of exterior poly) about two weeks ago ... Grrrrr....

Thanks for the names of body shops ... Will be following up over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Man that sucks Sam. On the bright side, according to the mythbusyers the RV may get better mpg on the trip out west. :D. The 80 got it here too.

It does suck .... but it is only stuff :doh:

Hate to hear that your 80 took a beating as well.

where is the hail when I need it....the roof on my house is looking terrible

Sam, The number for Sheldon Medlin (Reflections Auto Body) is (704) 843-4551.

Thanks Dave. At this point I have to wait for the insurance adjuster. This is going to be a real PITA, I am afraid .... :bang:

update: insurance appraiser has started throwing the "t" word around. I do not think it will go that way, but it is life with a 20 year old truck ...

If they total it Sam, find out the buy back price, it may be worth your while. Salvage titles are more and more common these days as there is a shortage of used vehicles on the market.

If it goes that way, that will be my plan ...

Misspellings courtesy of autocorrect from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

One of the best body men in Union County is Sheldon Medlin at Reflections Auto Body. He's between Monroe and Waxhaw not far from Furniture Factory Outlet World. He's old school but does fantastic work.

...via IH8MUD app
Would you still recommend Sheldon? Looking to have a PDR done

Sheldon does not do PDR. He's a paint and body man. My go-to PDR guy seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I don't have a PDR recommendation at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom