Clock spring / Spiral cable same thing ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess the title says it all. I searched and didn't find an answer. I have a 1997 Anyone have the OEM part number for this? Thanks !! :cheers:

that's a very vague question. what are you actually looking for? when i hear clock spring, i think for the turn signal stalk in the column. i've never heard of spiral cable

Yes...a better description is required to assist with this question.

Of course! Onur comes through! Nice.

Thanks!! Just what I needed !! Sorry if the question seemed vague. I'll do better next time...:cheers:

Any idea if this is used on other Toyota vehicles such that I an pull at junkyard?

I would not take a chance on used Air Bag parts. That is what the spiral cable is, the coil of wire that transmits voltage to your driver's air bag. Toyota uses that term, other manufacturers use "clock spring", GM used to call it the "SIR Coil".

I bought my whole vehicle used so I guess I'd take a chance on used airbag parts.

Thanks Onur!

And it is not "used", just "preowned" and will be "new" to me. :)

Plus remember this set of wires runs the cruise, horn and the airbag, so I will know if there are any issues with this "new" to me part. PLUS PLUS, if the airbag is disconnected, it senses the resistance change and the little light goes on the dash. My point is that it will be clear that the used part does not work.

Provided for general information. To be ignored or embraced.

The factory repair manuals specifically state: "Never use SRS parts from another vehicle. When replacing parts, replace them with new parts."

Interesting. I'd probably follow that advice. I was mostly just being a smartass since I wasn't lucky enough to be the original owner of my cruiser (I couldn't afford a $40k vehicle when I was 15).

Beno is the part number guru!!

So, what is MSRP on this fine part?

CruiserDan definitely hooked me up on my parts, no doubt about that!

Toyota list: $351.88

MUD: $263.91

This is one of those interesting "bundling" quirks.

A complete combination switch assembly, which includes the spiral cable, is less money than the spiral cable. List $325.99, net $244.49.

So for ~20 bucks LESS you get a headlamp switch, a turn signal switch, a wiper switch, a dimmer switch AND a spiral cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom