Throttle Cable Part Number Clarification (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings. 1995 FZJ80.

I’d like to replace the throttle cable on my 80. It’s nearly 30 years old and the plastic sheathing is starting to deteriorate.

I’ve done some searching on Mud & PartSouq and have found that part 35520-60140, the throttle cable associated with my VIN, is NLA (including on PartSouq).

PartSouq lists part 35520-60111 as a possible alternative, but the parts manager at my dealership (who can order that part from Toyota) believes that cable will be too short.

Question 1 - has anyone successfully installed 35520-60111 in a later model (95-97) FZJ80?

Also, would like to replace the cruise control cable with the same issue, but part number 83731-60020 is also NLA with no alternatives that I could find.

Question 2 - any updated part number or legitimate overseas sources for a cruise control cable for a 1995 FZJ80?

I know eBay has several options, but I’m not at the point where I’m willing to trust those sources (may have to eventually I guess).

Many thanks…and my apologies in advance if I missed an easily identified option or search result.

Edit: The following response is not relevant to the OPs question. Thanks for helping me understand @OGBeno.

Mine is a '94, but it is also a 1FZ and uses the same cable. I used part number 78180-60280. I bought it from Japan because it was a lot cheaper and I wasn't in any rush.

It shows up as available on Olathe parts site. It would say discontinued if NLA.

1709558872427.png

I removed my cruise control, so can't help there.

Last edited:
Mine is a '94, but it is also a 1FZ and uses the same cable. I used part number 78180-60280. I bought it from Japan because it was a lot cheaper and I wasn't in any rush.

It shows up as available on Olathe parts site. It would say discontinued if NLA.

View attachment 3573553

Thanks much. Certainly appreciated.

View attachment 3573553

That’s the accelerator cable. He’s talking about the throttle cable which is commonly referred to as the transmission kick down cable.

That’s the accelerator cable. He’s talking about the throttle cable which is commonly referred to as the transmission kick down cable.
Thank you. I misunderstood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom