CLCC Tech Day 3/23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
Tech day will be at my place on 3/23.
Festivities start around 0900. You can show up earlier, but please, not before 0830.
The club approved $$ for donuts and coffee.
I will take care of coffee, but best to bring your own mug if you want to drink it.
There is a Krispy Kreme right down the street (<1 mile), so if someone volunteers to pick up a few dozen, on the way in, the club will reimburse you (with a valid receipt).
Post up if you can get them so we can ID that person and not wind up with 12 dozen doughnuts.
Also, post up what you want to work on during the day.
If you need the address, PM me your email or cell# and I'll send it to you.
Prospective members and curious onlookers are welcome, but you gotta join the club to get us to work on your junk. :grinpimp:
Cheers,

Might just clean and replace some EGR parts. Mostly I'm coming to help. That's if I get my exhaust and wheel bearing done this weekend. Maybe diff breathers just for fun if parts come in. Probably I'll just get really dirty and help out with stuff.

I’d like to do a axle re-gear, tub swap and if time permits a spring over.

I have to work so I’m not going to make this one.

Im planning to install my Dobinson's 2" lift front and rear (new shocks and springs) and a metal tech rear coil conversion kit to take out my rear airbags. I would also love to help with any diff breather extensions- if anyone is interested let me know.

Here's what I posted in the other tech day thread...

"I have lift instructions printed out that I will be bringing and I am posting the links below. I've studied the procedure and it should not be too hard. A couple of tricks are to use a wire coat hanger to pull the rear airbag suspension plugs and to have a 4mm allen key for the front electric damper shock wires. I have all the info I need to pull the fuses in order to decommission the air ride and electric damper shocks. In addition to the Dobinsons 2" lift kit and Metal Tech Rear Coil Conversion Kit, I have an insert to replace the air suspension control buttons in the center console with an overseas prado storage/cellphone holder.

Here are the instructions if anyone wanted to take a look before hand. I'll also be available to help out on other trucks later in the afternoon, assuming I don't f--- anything up this should take 3-4 hours:

DIY - 2" ironman lift - front - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) - DIY - 2" ironman lift - front - Directions on how to install a 2 ironman lift on a gx470 without the use of a coil spring compressor. Parts used Ironman 2 lift for the 2007-2009 FJ cruiser. Got it from cruiser corps for $640 shipped. Firstly - remove your sway bar....
www.clublexus.com

https://www.metaltech4x4.com/content/GX470-GX460-4Runner Rear Coil Conversion Kit.pdf

https://www.toyteclifts.com/media/m...o/m/ome-_07-_11_fj_cruiser_03-_11_4runner.pdf

Also- if anyone wants to do diff breather hose extensions let me know. I just did one on my GX470 and it is pretty easy and worth it- you can get a kit or just do a rear diff breather tube with stuff from Amazon. It cost me like $30 w/next day delivery for the fuel line and related valve and attachment. Easy to do and I think it is needed to protect the rear diff in any water crossings. The font diff and transmission has decently long breather tubes from the factory but the rear is directly on the rear diff and could easily malfunction in water deep enough to cover the rear diff.

See the "frequently bought together" section on Amazon for the parts ( I recommend 5/16" for a safer long-term fit over 1/4" fuel line though): Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota (90404-51319) Union: Automotive " or buy a kit that relocates all (3-4) breather tubes.

I need to get the C-channels out of the rear of the frame on my 62, but I'm afraid that is too much of a job for a tech day. @TRFCSUX and I are talking about it. If not, putting in a brake booster and/or an Aussie locker.
Bring it so we can put eyes on the c channel job.

Hoping to replace the pads/rotors and brake lines. Everything finally came in the other day!

Also I can swing by Krispy Kreme, just let me know what kind of doughnuts to grab.

I need to get the C-channels out of the rear of the frame on my 62, but I'm afraid that is too much of a job for a tech day. @TRFCSUX and I are talking about it. If not, putting in a brake booster and/or an Aussie locker.
Did you see that Trial Tailor is making new channels now? I've got a truck to do and that's likely the direction I'm going.

Don’t think we planned on putting anything in there. His rear bumper provides all the support he needs. Just remove the old and clean up.

Pending the status of my current project - radio and associated componenta upgrade - I may make this one; if not only to watch and help out where I can.

As mentioned in the other thread, planning to finish the greasable pins and bushings. Will bring everything I need to work in the driveway if that's ok. Got fresh sawzall blades on order.

Would appreciate a second set of eyes/ears/brains on tracking down a vibration at idle when in gear and an a/c leak.

As mentioned in the other thread, planning to finish the greasable pins and bushings. Will bring everything I need to work in the driveway if that's ok. Got fresh sawzall blades on order.

Would appreciate a second set of eyes/ears/brains on tracking down a vibration at idle when in gear and an a/c leak.
I'm good for eyes and ears. You'll have to get someone else for the brains.

Anyone with a Baofeng handheld radio who wants to program it with the club channels and various repeaters, bring it and we'll get it done. I have a file and the programming cable to get it done. @afgman786 I'm talking to you.
I did mine and it works well.

Anyone with a Baofeng handheld radio who wants to program it with the club channels and various repeaters, bring it and we'll get it done. I have a file and the programming cable to get it done. @afgman786 I'm talking to you.
I did mine and it works well.

Any model recommendations? I’ll see if I can pick one up before Saturday. Would be good to have if I can make it to Relic Run

I have the baofeng BF-8hp, but I got it at a HAM swapmeet for cheap
, It runs $63 new on Amazon. There is also this one, which is probably almost identical: BaoFeng UV-5R MK4 8W High Power 2019 Two Way Amateur (Ham) Radio Walkie Talkie, Mirkit Edition Amazon product ASIN B072HXQ5GGFor $48.
They are a good entry level radio that will work for 99% of your needs.
The UV-5R is the standard Baofeng radio.
I recommend getting a better antenna for these, since the ones that come on them is pretty chinzy and a good antenna does help these radios. Just look for the ones with good ratings or Google search to find a quality one.
Now, I will remind everyone that operating in the HAM freqs without a license is illegal.
Our specific club freqs are in the GMRS range and, therefore, do not require a license.

@Stumpalama did you use Andy’s Chirp file?

I ordered one of these for one of my BF8
211C829D-41F4-4210-A3FF-CF0E6706DF20.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom