CLCC Tech Day 3/23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ummm... Did Nick make it home?

Also that was a first for me threading that shop light through the spring and behind whatever hoses and brackets those were.
That was hilarious.

And I'm pretty sure I left my earplugs on the shelf by the door. They're in a little black aluminum tube.
You guys were awesome. Big shout out to dave, 1moa, stump, greg and all who helped (100 guy, etc. ). The truck rides a lot better than it did! Very happy with the dobinsons 2” lift.

Great rigs out there today too!

4802D7E6-7FB7-4142-B786-3D4FA5BB0CD1.jpeg

BFF3BE41-1578-4395-BCF4-FE925966B755.jpeg

EDF03EF5-7351-4AE4-B909-380377BEA419.jpeg

B6D49083-21A6-4BB6-AC29-04482878C21F.jpeg

Last edited:
Sound like Stump got a lot of new to him crap!
Looks like a lot of fun and work was done.!
Got the brakes changed on the Wifes Lexus after work. Need that induction heater for the shock bolts.
Chris beat, pried, drilled and burned the first bushing out for a good hour before it let go. The other side he used the induction heater on the bolt and had it out in less than 10 minutes with a tap of the hammer.
The heater is @davesax ‘s I would suggest using it and it is a great candidate for a club tool.

I got it. I'll bring it to the April meeting.
If anyone finds a black beanie, Netherlands flag on back orange lion on front let me now. Pretty positive I left it

@Stumpalama @1MOA thanks for all the help on those sumbitch spring pins. Front ride great on the ride home. Kill the bushings with fire....and sawzall and induction and a BFH. Really underestimated them. @davesax36 that induction thing was a lifesaver. Steve too!

Stump, also big ups for hosting and programing my new radio.

Welcome to the club Arvin @PIPA (sorry if I spelled that wron)
View attachment 1935102View attachment 1935103View attachment 1935104View attachment 1935105View attachment 1935106
I'm sorry we didn't get the rears done. Next time.
Thanks for taking pics! I was so busy bouncing from job to job that I didn't even get one shot of all the trucks.

Ummm... Did Nick make it home?

Also that was a first for me threading that shop light through the spring and behind whatever hoses and brackets those were.
That was hilarious.

And I'm pretty sure I left my earplugs on the shelf by the door. They're in a little black aluminum tube.
I'll find 'em and bring them to the April meeting.

So, @davesax36 wins for doing the most work on a truck that wasn’t his. @1MOA wins the the award for jumping into the hard jobs and just getting sh*t done.
@NearJetties wins for the best attitude while doing the biggest PITA job on a cruiser: removing spring pins from a 30 year old cruiser whose bushings had never been changed.

We had a great turnout today and the weather could not have been better!
We also had several new faces at today’s tech day.

Work done this tech day:
GX470 suspension install
200 Series front rotor and pad change out
FJ62 brake booster swap
FJ40 rear jump seat install, which involved relocating mounting brackets and nutserts
FZJ80 electrical work
Welding up the hole in my flywheel inspection cover and filling the rear diff (I got the inspection cover and exhaust installed after hours).
What else?

Thank you to all who came out and a special thank you to those who came out and wrenched on other people’s junk. You guys have earned extra karma credit for when you bring you rigs to tech day.
I hope everyone had a good time, learned something and will come back for the next one.

Yea thanks guys, really appreciate all the help getting the jump seats installed in the 40 which required some creative engineering and a welder. Here are some pics I took.

75079B96-3192-40E0-8F2F-4EEF43767620.jpeg

BCB94BE2-E7F3-48DA-875E-8D94EBD1C58F.jpeg

188B06BF-E878-48F3-9186-610CD02F43CD.jpeg

Forgot to mention one loss, stripped the innards of my drill. At least it was a cheapie dewalt I got off of eBay....it had already seen a tough life. #RIP

Forgot to mention one loss, stripped the innards of my drill. At least it was a cheapie dewalt I got off of eBay....it had already seen a tough life. #RIP
Go to homeboy depot and see if they will replace it. Worst they can do is say no

I wondered why I get the death wobble if I go over 35...
That's just my OCD/ADD. I was sorting a coffee can of bolts by size and length.

That's just my OCD/ADD. I was sorting a coffee can of bolts by size and length.
Ah... ok. I sourced my issue to driving around with the emergency brake on all day... shh.

Induction heater link???

I've been tempted to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom