Classically trained Chef willing to share secrets and recipes. Just ask!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am a classically trained chef as well as an avid wheeler. I trained at Le Cordon Bleu (Paris) and recieved Le Grande Diplome. I also am a Certified Sous Chef with the American Culinary Federation and a Certified Grill and Pit Master. I have trained under such Chefs as Charlie Palmer, Joel Rubichon, Tim Love, Michael Thompson, Thomas Keller, and Stephen Pyles. I have many, many great recipes, a lot of which are my own personal recipes. I am willing to share with anyone who is interested.

FWIW, there is a 8 lb Pork Boston Butt that is currently in an apple cider brine. I will dry rub it tomorrow, smoke it for about 8-10 hours and pull it for pulled pork sandwiches that I will serve with Sweet and Spicy Slaw on a hand made Crostini Bun along with my own personal barbecue sauce (sorry, that is the one recipe I WILL NOT SHARE), deep-fried pickles and pickled jalapenos.

You best be post'n pics of your BB and fixns tomorrow then! Your slaw recipe would be appreciated...always looking for new ways to prep slaw.

Hmmm...you may just make the short invite list on one of our runs :D

I will definetely post up some pics for y'all. The slaw recipe is very simple, although it is vinegar-based as I have a severe distaste for mayo (after having to make it umpteen million times by hand in culinary school, and the fact that Hellman's is WAY easier and better, yeah **** mayo). But I will post up a recipe soon. I will probably post up my recipe for the BB, Slaw, and deep-fried pickles with the pics tomorrow. Remember "Eat or we all starve".

It is great to have a Pro onboard, but beware there are afew of us that could give you a run for your money.
BTW, when you make Mac-n-Cheeze, is it better to mix in the powdered yellow stuff before or after the slab of butter?
-Jim:doh::cheers::beer:

good to have you.
I'm on a grill-loving spree so any good advice on that will be much appreciated.

Did Julia do a grill recipes book by any chance that I could do one-a-day off? :)

It is great to have a Pro onboard, but beware there are afew of us that could give you a run for your money.
BTW, when you make Mac-n-Cheeze, is it better to mix in the powdered yellow stuff before or after the slab of butter?
-Jim:doh::cheers::beer:

Ha, I read that and was WTF?? read it a few more times :doh:
Man when I first moved to So Ca I used to make what we called "glop",..... Big pot, 2 boxes kraft mac&ch mix in browned ground beef, can of cream of mushroom soup, water chessnuts, OMG, we would almost get high, but that was in 1971 so it wasn't that big a deal ;)

Ditto.

:cheers:

He's late. Must mean it didn't happen :D

Sorry I have not gotten back to anyone and it has taken so long. My little brother wrecked his Harley late Wednesday night and we had to deal with that. He is OK, just a bit of road rash and a badly bruised ego. Yes I have MANY grill recipes, one of my personal favorites is a Grilled Dove Pizza or a Coffee-Chipotle rubbed Ribeye. I will try to get pics up of the Pulled Pork and some recipes as well if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM please. Eat well.

"Eat or we all starve".

Sorry I have not gotten back to anyone and it has taken so long. My little brother wrecked his Harley late Wednesday night and we had to deal with that. He is OK, just a bit of road rash and a badly bruised ego. Yes I have MANY grill recipes, one of my personal favorites is a Grilled Dove Pizza or a Coffee-Chipotle rubbed Ribeye. I will try to get pics up of the Pulled Pork and some recipes as well if anyone is interested. Just send me a PM please. Eat well.

"Eat or we all starve".

Coffee rubbed meat? :hmm:

Some of the best Tx pork (beef??) recipes have coffee(fresh ground -or perked) in the mop or rub. There are some winning Terlingua Chili recipes that also have this) A hearty coffee(like Tanzania Peaberry), plus some dark brown sugar and vinegar will work wonders for your BBQ

Some of the best Tx pork (beef??) recipes have coffee(fresh ground -or perked) in the mop or rub. There are some winning Terlingua Chili recipes that also have this) A hearty coffee(like Tanzania Peaberry), plus some dark brown sugar and vinegar will work wonders for your BBQ

Hmmmm, sounds good, I will try it :cheers:

Welcome indeed.

Best method for perfect hardboiled eggs, every time.

:)

Simple, I know. But I have very simple tastes.

:cheers:

FWIW this is how I do hard boiled eggs (sea level ;)): Cover eggs with plain water in a lidded pot; low to medium heat until you get to just barely a boil. Turn heat down to simmer for 9-minutes. Drain and plunge into an ice bath (bowl of ice and water) to arrest cooking process and to prevent the ugly gray oxidized layer on the outside layer of the yolk from forming.

Dry the shells once the eggs are thoroughly cooled down, before storing, in the shell for longer shelf life, in the fridge.

9-minutes gets you to slightly moist/under done yolk center with typical large eggs. Like the yolk bone dry? Then extend simmer cooking to 11-minutes.

Note: If your egg shells crack/explode during the cooking process you ramped up the water temp too quickly...

Cover eggs with one inch water. High heat. Remove at boil point and cover for 9-11 minutes. Then into the ice water until cool. Crack by shaking eggs in empty pan.

I adjust the time depending on the size of the pot but usually do 4 eggs in a 2qt pot. Pretty much the same results, yolk-wise, as Spresso gets.

What does the pro say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom