Check out my 109K mile Timing Belt! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my rig back today from having the 100k major engine service done. Complete Aisin kit, fan clutch, cam seals etc etc. I Took a pic of the original (I think) timing belt and I was wondering how it compared to others. I don’t think it looked that bad honestly. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeremy

7DCF5D4C-68B7-4C9F-8A25-C75EFCA78D4F.jpeg

6D1F3458-8F02-499D-A90F-1FAED09D9B7E.jpeg

I did timing belt at 120k and it looked similar. These motors are known to run belts far past service intervals.

Mine went 190,000ish. Most of that was with the previous owner. I got it done a couple months after I bought it but wasn’t too stressed about it in the meantime.

Just did mine (2nd belt) at 189, my 100 is the Cabin Cruiser so it’s been at least 9 years since the first was done and mine looked similar to yours. Peace of mind for me since it will head north this spring and hopefully give me 10 more years of a mostly neglected life waiting for me to show up to fish. Truck’s been flawless, I think I have replaced one battery up until this winter’s pm’s.

I just did mine with 237k on the clock - the service records showed it being changed at 80k. So what is that almost 60k over the recommended service interval? My mechanic said “well I wouldn’t have gone much further and you were right to change it, but honestly.... I’ve seen a lot worse on a lot newer vehicle.“ They are tanks! Welcome to the addiction. You‘ll see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom