Cheapest place to buy safari snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I will be getting me a safari snorkel in a week or so and want to know the cheapest place I can buy one. Thanks

Oh and I want the new one SS81hf not the older ss80hf.
Also does the new one come with a space for the antenna (USA antenna on passenger side) or will I have to torch and bend?

Last edited:
Check around for a used one? Seems like 90% of safari snorkels dont go on the vehicle theyre bought for and just sit in someones garage forever.

Well, if you're really strapped for cash, just go to home depot and get some PVC

Evidently its the same thing just without a logo.

Cruisin, if I were you I would contact the MUD Vender Safari dealers and see which are willing to do a GroupBuy. Then get a handful of your closet mud buddies together (hehe, I said mud buddies :flipoff2:) and save $$

Check around for a used one? Seems like 90% of safari snorkels dont go on the vehicle theyre bought for and just sit in someones garage forever.

I wish this wasn't true.

Snork.JPG

Evidently its the same thing just without a logo.

Cruisin, if I were you I would contact the MUD Vender Safari dealers and see which are willing to do a GroupBuy. Then get a handful of your closet mud buddies together (hehe, I said mud buddies :flipoff2:) and save $$
Great idea! If I found one that will you think the mods would view it as inappropriate for me to post about the group buy in tech?
That's the only section I ever look at haha

Great idea! If I found one that will you think the mods would view it as inappropriate for me to post about the group buy in tech?
That's the only section I ever look at haha

Unfortunately the mods don't really care if we only stay in the 80's section. If its Group Buy or whatever then they send it to the 7 depths of hell to die a slow death. What you can do is link to the GroupBuy in this thread.

Ok cool. So does the ss81hf have room for my antenna?

I just saw one today in the mall parking lot while getting lunch. it was Danny's 80. No modification I could see that was needed to mount it. Of course, even if it does all it means is heating up a large socket and applying your own indent.

this made me laugh.

Ok cool. So does the ss81hf have room for my antenna?

My ss81hf template made it sit low enough on the fender the antenna was not an issue.

Unfortunately the mods don't really care if we only stay in the 80's section. If its Group Buy or whatever then they send it to the 7 depths of hell to die a slow death. What you can do is link to the GroupBuy in this thread.

If you find a vendor here willing to do a group buy they can post up a thread in the vendor accessory section that will not fall into the 7 depths of hell. I'm not a snorkel dealer of any kind so I'm out. FYI the margins on this stuff is not as high as many think so don't be surprised if no one jumps at the opportunity to discount their products.

Of course, even if it does all it means is heating up a large socket and applying your own indent.
Fyi, if you heat up the socket it will melt a hole in the snorkel. What you want to do is uniformly heat up the area that needs to be formed and apply a 1" pipe (what I used) to make the indention. Heat gun on high works great.

I tried Autoanything.com once for a part as they were the only ones who claimed to have it in stock, and the price was pretty good. Anyway after I ordered I got an email with a backorder notice that was way out on the calendar. I canceled at that point. So I say proceed with caution there. However, that is probably the lowest you'll find it, if price is your #1 factor in purchase decision.

I tried Autoanything.com once for a part as they were the only ones who claimed to have it in stock, and the price was pretty good. Anyway after I ordered I got an email with a backorder notice that was way out on the calendar. I canceled at that point. So I say proceed with caution there. However, that is probably the lowest you'll find it, if price is your #1 factor in purchase decision.

Interesting... I ordered my ARB bumper there and had zero issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom