Builds Chase.In.Point - Build and Hello! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ChaseInPoint Welcome!

The truck is dope. 37's look bad ass, you are executing my future tire/suspension plans - looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

What gears will you be running? Also curious what prefilter you have on the snorkel, AEV? I prefer the round top but don't love the clear ones.

Great job on the build and look forward to seeing it progress. We are Eskimo bros on tires 😉

Hello mate. I've recently picked up an Alu-Cab 3.1. I've got some serious wind noise. I think mostly from the L brackets on the sides but some from the air being pushed up the windshield, hitting the underside of the tent and then being forced through my rack. I see you've got a massive custom fairing above your windshield. Is that to stop wind noise? Did it improve MPG? How is it mounted?
Thanks in advance

Hello mate. I've recently picked up an Alu-Cab 3.1. I've got some serious wind noise. I think mostly from the L brackets on the sides but some from the air being pushed up the windshield, hitting the underside of the tent and then being forced through my rack. I see you've got a massive custom fairing above your windshield. Is that to stop wind noise? Did it improve MPG? How is it mounted?
Thanks in advance
Hey boss sorry for the late reply, It's been crazy for me over the past few weeks getting ready for expo and then winding down haha. Anyways yeah i had similar issues and it will depend on how far forward your tent is mounted. All tents will have wind noise. The custom fairing is mounted to t-slots on the side of the tend with some brackets. I made it all at home so it's nothing too fancy but it does the job and looks decent. Yes it helped with the noise a lot, possibly MPGs but didn't really pay attention to that.

I was hoping that I would have had more time to document and keep this up to date as the build went on, however, it was insane crunch time and did barely had time to sleep while preparing all the new stuff for expo. I'm still putting finishing touches on the rig, so i'll try and catch up best I can in this post.

The truck now has 37s fitted, a complete custom rear storage system that was a big collaboration effort with Aiden James Customs in Santa Ana, and we debuted it all at Overland Expo West a couple weeks ago. We sound deadened the entire floor and reare wheel wells prior to having the system installed. We also installed a layer of closed cell foam over top of the butyl you see here. Highly recommend doing that as it will add thermal insulation as well as higher frequency damping.

_DSC9503.jpg

And here's the drawer system installed! It's quite unique and designed to keep heavy items like the 3x Battle Born Batteries low, water tank low, fridge low, and spare parts storage low all while having a built-in fold-down induction cook top that encloses the fridge (and slides out with the fridge). This specific system deletes the 2nd row seat and allows for 40" drawers, and also makes a nice spot for an electrical panel for the 3000w inverter, solar controller, DC to DC converter, 120v panel/outlets, weboost, and Victron display for the whole system. This has turned into a pretty much dream build and I cannot be happier with the outcome!

_DSC9570-2.jpg

_DSC9582.jpg

_DSC2201.jpg

I'm now currently in the process of installing the 10gal water tank, pump, and everything else to support it.
The pump/accumulator are being mounted on the front panel of the 2nd row seat delete, and the tank will mount right behind that with lines going to a spigot out back, as well as another sprayer/bottle filler at the side of the rig. These two photos are where the pump/accumulator are mounting and the 2nd shows approximate final placement of the tank. There's going to be a plexiglass sealedbarrier between the tank/lines and batteries should anything bad happen/leak. There will also be a water level sensor installed and hooked up to the victron system. The whole system can accept up to 4 external temp sensors as well as 4 liquid level sensors. Pretty nuts!
_DSC2610.jpg

_DSC2618.jpg

Final image of how the rig sits as of right now. I'm REALLY proud of how it all came out and can't wait to get the rest dialed in. The 37s haven't been 100% fitted up front for full stuff, but most medium trails it is fine and rides great! The front suspension is an all-new kit from Alpha Foxtrot Design. It's a +2 width (trail friendly!) and +1.5 forward kit with upper/lower arms and complete beef custom knuckle. We are still dialing it in but keep an eye out as it's a really great kit so far and I really like the track width.

Additional changes were McQueen Fiberglass fenders up front to fit the new 37" Toyos, Alpine MultiCam wrap from Image Craft and triple LP9s up front that I've been dying to get on the front for years!
_DSC1686.jpg
_DSC9895.jpg
_DSC9887.jpg

Last edited:
I was hoping that I would have had more time to document and keep this up to date as the build went on, however, it was insane crunch time and did barely had time to sleep while preparing all the new stuff for expo. I'm still putting finishing touches on the rig, so i'll try and catch up best I can in this post.

The truck now has 37s fitted, a complete custom rear storage system that was a big collaboration effort with Aiden James Customs in Santa Ana, and we debuted it all at Overland Expo West a couple weeks ago. We sound deadened the entire floor and reare wheel wells prior to having the system installed. We also installed a layer of closed cell foam over top of the butyl you see here. Highly recommend doing that as it will add thermal insulation as well as higher frequency damping.

View attachment 3029222

And here's the drawer system installed! It's quite unique and designed to keep heavy items like the 3x Battle Born Batteries low, water tank low, fridge low, and spare parts storage low all while having a built-in fold-down induction cook top that encloses the fridge (and slides out with the fridge). This specific system deletes the 2nd row seat and allows for 40" drawers, and also makes a nice spot for an electrical panel for the 3000w inverter, solar controller, DC to DC converter, 120v panel/outlets, weboost, and Victron display for the whole system. This has turned into a pretty much dream build and I cannot be happier with the outcome!

View attachment 3029223
View attachment 3029224
View attachment 3029221

I'm now currently in the process of installing the 10gal water tank, pump, and everything else to support it.
The pump/accumulator are being mounted on the front panel of the 2nd row seat delete, and the tank will mount right behind that with lines going to a spigot out back, as well as another sprayer/bottle filler at the side of the rig. These two photos are where the pump/accumulator are mounting and the 2nd shows approximate final placement of the tank. There's going to be a plexiglass sealedbarrier between the tank/lines and batteries should anything bad happen/leak. There will also be a water level sensor installed and hooked up to the victron system. The whole system can accept up to 4 external temp sensors as well as 4 liquid level sensors. Pretty nuts!
View attachment 3029225
View attachment 3029226

Final image of how the rig sits as of right now. I'm REALLY proud of how it all came out and can't wait to get the rest dialed in. The 37s haven't been 100% fitted up front for full stuff, but most medium trails it is fine and rides great! The front suspension is an all-new kit from Alpha Foxtrot Design. It's a +2 width (trail friendly!) and +1.5 forward kit with upper/lower arms and complete beef custom knuckle. We are still dialing it in but keep an eye out as it's a really great kit so far and I really like the track width.

Additional changes were McQueen Fiberglass fenders up front to fit the new 37" Toyos, Alpine MultiCam wrap from Image Craft and triple LP9s up front that I've been dying to get on the front for years!
View attachment 3029220View attachment 3029232View attachment 3029233
Amazing build. Do you daily this monster?

Really impressive build!

Very cool to see the innovation going on with these rigs!
Thank you!

Water system is getting close to being dialed. I've got everything mounted up and the pump functions great! Last bit is to mount the rear sprayer which is giving me a hard time due to lack of space back there but i've got a few ideas.

I've also started clearancing/fitting the front wheels and cutting things away. This is at/near full bump and about an inch of the McQueen fenders trimmed up. So far i think i'll only have to cut into the battery tray for turning. Goal is to have partial steering at full bump. It's looking like 12-13" of wheel travel right now with the new Alpha Foxtrot Designs 2" long travel kit. This kit also pushes the wheels forward 1.5" which really helps clear the firewall.

_DSC2631-2.jpg

Made some progress on the tubs over the last few days and the drivers side is nearly complete. I ended up relocating the fuse box back about 5-6 inches so that I could rotate the Group 31 battery front to back. With the protrusion into the engine bay from the tubs, the battery was no longer going to fit in the original location and would stick through the hood. Luckily I have yet to install a switch controller and other electronics behind the fuse box so this was an easy thing to do. With the battery sideways it also creates a large spacer directly adjacent to it for some new switch controllers yet to come. I also ended up making a new fender mount since it got chopped off from all the tub work.

IMG_8662.jpg
IMG_8656.jpg
IMG_8642.jpg

@ChaseInPoint Welcome!

The truck is dope. 37's look bad ass, you are executing my future tire/suspension plans - looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

What gears will you be running? Also curious what prefilter you have on the snorkel, AEV? I prefer the round top but don't love the clear ones.
Sorry i missed this one. I am running Revolution 4.88 gears and ARB front Air locker. I can't recall the prefeliter but you can get them from snorkelupgrade.com

Tubbing is complete on this bad boy. Turns 75% or more lock to lock at full shock compression which will never happen due to bump stops engaging prior. I've attached a few crude photos of the process to show the intake as I actually had to raise it 2" for the tubs, and the snorkel still fits (barely). I'm very happy with the outcome though.

Some of these photos look like potatos as they're screen grabs from IG videos haha, sorry..

Full shock compression, about 75% lock or so. At this point we are at around 11-11.5" of wheel travel on this prototype +2 Alpha Foxtrot Design's kit.
532F7D69-98AF-47CF-B281-579E76154380.JPG

Rough cut of the relief cut for the snorkel tube/intake. This is boxed back in underneath later and cleaned up.
IMG_8723.jpg

I ended up finding some 2" steel spacers at Ace and some longer bolts. This part was too easy and works perfect. Make sure to sandwich both sides of the intake rubber mounting point with washers.
IMG_8881.jpg

Intake placement from up top. I did end up trimming the little tab off the metal intake filter clamp on the left as it was just kissing the hood. After that everything clears.
IMG_9007.jpg

Underside placement of the intake coupler for the snorkel.
IMG_9008.jpg

Clearance to attached snorkel at full shock compression.
IMG_9006.jpg

Pretty freaking happy that this part of the project is complete. Tubbing all of that combined with the battery relocation was not very fun.

Last edited:
Sorry i missed this one. I am running Revolution 4.88 gears and ARB front Air locker. I can't recall the prefeliter but you can get them from snorkelupgrade.com
My absolute favorite GX out there! I just purchased 35s for mine but I am super new to the off-road world. Are you running the 4.88 gears in the stock housing with stock axels? Do the front and rear gear ratios need to match?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom