Builds Chase.In.Point - Build and Hello! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey everyone!

I've lurked off and on for a bit as a resource but it's been a LONG time since I've posted on a legitimate forum.. this brings back all sorts of memories for me ha! I used to be really active back in my drift car days on sites like NicoClub, Zilvia, and D-Town but as the internet progressed forums kind of fell off as you all know. Anyways, I'm happy to see this spot super active for this community! I've owned my GX for around 4 years or so now and have been extremely active on other social platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and pushing into YouTube a bit but realized I've been missing out on a lot of good conversation here. I'll be around more often and, honestly, kind of miss having a "build thread" so it will be fun to keep up and document the progress here!

I'm a really big DIY guy and am heavily into photography/videography. I'm also based in the SW - Arizona. Pretty much everything on my truck has been built or installed by myself, save for a couple items.

Since this is kind of starting mid-build, some of the things that are already done to the rig:
- Alucab Expedition 3.0 RTT on a custom roof rack
- Dobinson MRA shocks (MRA59-A575) with C59-354 front springs and their C59-749v rear springs, rear adjustable links
- 8.2 Rear end e-lock
- Many Baja Designs lights
- 4x4 labs front bumper with Come-Up winch with Factor 55 and Treaty Oak Offroad accessories
- Coastal Offroad rear bumper with a custom swing out/swing down
- Alpha equipt beadlock xCommanders with Toyo Tires 35x12.5/17 MT tires
- JW offroad window molle panels with Zarges boxes mounted (custom diesel heater setup)
- It has a basic custom interior rear drawer system/storage bin setup that's getting swapped out this year
- Onboard air via a custom ViAir 444c setup/air plumbed to all 4 wheels

There's a lot more things to come on this and the rig is kind of starting to enter it's 3rd Phase this year with the following to come:
- Custom interior drawer/camper/cooking setup that is designed around the GX's swingout tailgate
- Front suspension changes
- Gears (hopefully)
- and a couple other things!

Obligatory Social Media Links:
Chase.In.Point Instagram
TwoTrackNation Instagram
TwoTrackNation YouTube

There's a few informational videos I've put out on our YouTube as well if you're curious on some of the aspects of this build. I also did a quick walkaround of the rig a few months ago for a 4WD247 entry that has a lot of the build aspects.

Zarges Diesel Heater Setup
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIS64Rn_yqQ&t=916s

How to Fit 35s on a GX470
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cze8bKW1qhE

Here's some photos to get this party started!
This first one is from over a New Years trip where I was testing a new diesel heater build on the rig (aluminum boxes on the quarter windows)
_DSC4749 smalljpg.jpg

Diesel Heater in action. Part of this design was to have minimal setup as possible. It's all self-contained in this box with the fuel tank in a matching box on the other side. A hole in the bottom of the Alu-Cab allows for quick hook-up and central heat to the tent! Short piping runs means minimal heat-loss as well.
_DSC4585 small.jpg

Rear interior setup:
Some plastic bins that slide under a home-made platform that clicks into the 3rd row seat mounts. 75L Dometic fridge, and some tool boxes to hold, well, tools.... and some other recovery stuff. The hatch also has the typical fold down table for cooking. It's a bit messy in this photo as i was in the middle of cleaning some stuff out but you get the idea, ha. Like i mentioned before, this will be all getting re-done this year but it's served me well over the past 3-4 years.
_DSC2973 small.jpg

Getting a bit rowdy in Moab last year. The rig gets driven quite hard and has had some serious repairs mainly over the last year.
_DSC0679.jpg

On the edge of Top of The World in Moab. This photo is actually in the May 2022 issue of Tread Magazine!!!
GX470 Milkyway small.jpg

The most recent upgrades to the GX have been in terms of lighting. BX Built helped me put together some custom headlights with their new projectors, halos, etched lenses, and some BD s2s in the turn signal housing. Absolutely love how they turned out! The rear tail lights also actually just got swapped out a couple weeks ago for some ones inspired by the 150's design.

_DSC3092-Edit small.jpg

_DSC3079 small.jpg

Anyways, figured I'd make my introduction here. Thanks for checking it out and I hope to see you all around more. Also if anyone is going to be at Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, drop by and say hi!

Last edited:
One of the better intros I’ve seen! Welcome! It looks like your rig is sorted quite well so I’ll just hang out and watch all the cool things you do!

Welcome! That top of the world picture is stunning dude. Looking forward to seeing more of your photography and build.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome and it's definitely cool to see some familiar faces here! I should've done this a long time ago here but better late than never I suppose.

Welcome! That top of the world picture is stunning dude. Looking forward to seeing more of your photography and build.
Thanks! This picture was so crazy, I almost didn't get the shot as my buddy had to head home and I was solo-solo. I decided to just send it and drive up myself and spend the night and then realized it was perfect Milkyway timing. I also learned the hard way to not head up the left side of the loop alone...ha!

I've followed your IG for a bit. Stoked to see a build thread!
I appreciate you! This will be a lot of fun for me as well!

One of the most famous Gx's needs no introduction.
This means more than you know, hello world nonetheless!

I follow on IG. Love your pics.

- @quadlockedoffroad
Heck yeah! Just found ya :cheers:

Favorite GX IG account... thanks for the intro Chase!
Thank you so much :) I have always loved your products! Seriously top notch stuff!!

Your Top Of The World pic is jaw dropping. It could be any vehicle in that shot and it would be killer. 👍
Cool that it is the GX470.
Save for 4.56's and your rig will really handle it! Nice set up.

Alrightyyyyyy so the build is commencing!

There's going to be a bunch of stuff going on with this thing over the next few weeks leading up to Overland Expo West. I've partnered with Aiden James Customs and we've come up with an all-new custom interior setup that was designed between us and JETG Designs. The rig will be also be at Mountain West in August!

Here's a photo of the interior design to give you an idea. The cool part about this is it's designed around the functionality of the swingout tailgate with weight and CG in mind. It has a fold-DOWN stove. The stove is on the same slide as the fridge so it can be used with the fridge out or in. This placement will not hinder the use of the fold down table on our hatches, and also doesn't require taking up an entire drawer. This design also locates the fridge on the bottom so it does not require a tilt or heavy drop slide. The 2nd row seat will also be deleted in favor for storage, an electrical panel, 10gal water tank, and 300AH of battery. Deck height in the 2nd row is still doggy friendly :) I am REALLLY excited about all of this.

Storage 1.jpg

Storage 2.jpg

I've also partnered up with EmuWing and am pushing ahead on installing their gullwings. These will pair really nicely with the new rear storage system as well. I'm also doing a bit of a unique thing with these to integrating them with the JW Offroad molle panels/Zarges boxes that are already on the vehicle. Yesterday I got through test-fit one on the rig. I really like how much compliance is allowed in the hinges, it makes installing the frame really forgiving.

This was purely a test-fit, with no adhesive installed. The hinges have some metal clamps that pinch the top of the body and I figured out that it'd be pretty easy to test fit before installing sealant with these. I'm stoked with how this is going to work and function. I am also filming the whole install process and will be up on TwoTrackNation.

_DSC5363-2.jpg

_DSC5374-2.jpg

_DSC5382-2.jpg

_DSC5384-2.jpg

Alrightyyyyyy so the build is commencing!

There's going to be a bunch of stuff going on with this thing over the next few weeks leading up to Overland Expo West. I've partnered with Aiden James Customs and we've come up with an all-new custom interior setup that was designed between us and JETG Designs. The rig will be also be at Mountain West in August!

Here's a photo of the interior design to give you an idea. The cool part about this is it's designed around the functionality of the swingout tailgate with weight and CG in mind. It has a fold-DOWN stove. The stove is on the same slide as the fridge so it can be used with the fridge out or in. This placement will not hinder the use of the fold down table on our hatches, and also doesn't require taking up an entire drawer. This design also locates the fridge on the bottom so it does not require a tilt or heavy drop slide. The 2nd row seat will also be deleted in favor for storage, an electrical panel, 10gal water tank, and 300AH of battery. Deck height in the 2nd row is still doggy friendly :) I am REALLLY excited about all of this.

View attachment 2980050
View attachment 2980051
I've also partnered up with EmuWing and am pushing ahead on installing their gullwings. These will pair really nicely with the new rear storage system as well. I'm also doing a bit of a unique thing with these to integrating them with the JW Offroad molle panels/Zarges boxes that are already on the vehicle. Yesterday I got through test-fit one on the rig. I really like how much compliance is allowed in the hinges, it makes installing the frame really forgiving.

This was purely a test-fit, with no adhesive installed. The hinges have some metal clamps that pinch the top of the body and I figured out that it'd be pretty easy to test fit before installing sealant with these. I'm stoked with how this is going to work and function. I am also filming the whole install process and will be up on TwoTrackNation.

View attachment 2979055

View attachment 2979062
View attachment 2979063
View attachment 2979064
Fold down stove is a great idea

Be sure to incorporate a way to level the burners on a mounted stove.
On my fold down stove, I use thumbscrews on four corners to level it out.
Curious if this really been an issue. Since I level my rig every time I’m going to cook anyway, wasn’t expecting it to be. My current stove that I just place on my fold down table on the swingout isn’t ever leveled so effectively the same thing. It will likely have adjustability in one axis but not side to side. Also any stove that’s installed in a drawer I’ve never seen have leveling adjustments. I suppose time will tell but I don’t foresee it being a huge problem.

Last edited:
Glad to see you on here sir. Love the build, I’ve been on GXOR since the Lifted Lexus days, and I’m taking a long break from Facebook and Instagram so ih8mud is where I get my gx fix now. Keep the updates coming, one of my favorite rigs 🍻

Obviously 37" tires give more ground clearance than 35's. But there will be considerable work to clear these tires. The front may be easier.
The rear fenderwells don't lend themselves well to hogging out. Uptravel is/will be the issue. Your up travel will be limited IMO.
Major massaging/body work can make it doable. I hope you finish the edges well vs raw edges. Certainly would deserve 4.88's!
Good luck - I will be following.

BTW, I used McQueen fenders for coverage/clearance on modest 295's - not entirely necessary but makes for easier clearance...

Last edited:
Glad to see you on here sir. Love the build, I’ve been on GXOR since the Lifted Lexus days, and I’m taking a long break from Facebook and Instagram so ih8mud is where I get my gx fix now. Keep the updates coming, one of my favorite rigs 🍻
Cheers and thanks for being here mate 🤙

Obviously 37" tires give more ground clearance than 35's. But there will be considerable work to clear these tires. The front may be easier.
The rear fenderwells don't lend themselves well to hogging out. Uptravel is/will be the issue. Your up travel will be limited IMO.
Major massaging/body work can make it doable. I hope you finish the edges well vs raw edges. Certainly would deserve 4.88's!
Good luck - I will be following.

BTW, I used McQueen fenders for coverage/clearance on modest 295's - not entirely necessary but makes for easier clearance...

I have dropped bump stops already due to rear long travel and have plans to trim the door and bumper area. I don’t really have rubbing issues on my 35s in the rear except the pinch weld so not worried about the tubs proper themselves, but will definitely be doing some clearancing on the flares and pinch welds. Front suspension is getting a new long travel setup that will push away from the cab 1.5” or so.

I intentionally bought the highest clearance front bumper in anticipation of going 37s or larger at some point but am planning on shaving the front core support extension or whatever we are calling that. McQueen fenders are already on the books as well and my firewall is pretty bashed in already but not afraid to go further. I’ve tubbed my old s13 back in my drifting days for HoT bOi wheels and all that stuff so these types of things I feel pretty confident with. 4.88s are also on deck already. My body is ready. 🤣

Hey everyone!

I've lurked off and on for a bit as a resource but it's been a LONG time since I've posted on a legitimate forum.. this brings back all sorts of memories for me ha! I used to be really active back in my drift car days on sites like NicoClub, Zilvia, and D-Town but as the internet progressed forums kind of fell off as you all know. Anyways, I'm happy to see this spot super active for this community! I've owned my GX for around 4 years or so now and have been extremely active on other social platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and pushing into YouTube a bit but realized I've been missing out on a lot of good conversation here. I'll be around more often and, honestly, kind of miss having a "build thread" so it will be fun to keep up and document the progress here!

I'm a really big DIY guy and am heavily into photography/videography. I'm also based in the SW - Arizona. Pretty much everything on my truck has been built or installed by myself, save for a couple items.

Since this is kind of starting mid-build, some of the things that are already done to the rig:
- Alucab Expedition 3.0 RTT on a custom roof rack
- Dobinson MRA shocks (MRA59-A575) with C59-354 front springs and their C59-749v rear springs, rear adjustable links
- 8.2 Rear end e-lock
- Many Baja Designs lights
- 4x4 labs front bumper with Come-Up winch with Factor 55 and Treaty Oak Offroad accessories
- Coastal Offroad rear bumper with a custom swing out/swing down
- Alpha equipt beadlock xCommanders with Toyo Tires 35x12.5/17 MT tires
- JW offroad window molle panels with Zarges boxes mounted (custom diesel heater setup)
- It has a basic custom interior rear drawer system/storage bin setup that's getting swapped out this year
- Onboard air via a custom ViAir 444c setup/air plumbed to all 4 wheels

There's a lot more things to come on this and the rig is kind of starting to enter it's 3rd Phase this year with the following to come:
- Custom interior drawer/camper/cooking setup that is designed around the GX's swingout tailgate
- Front suspension changes
- Gears (hopefully)
- and a couple other things!

Obligatory Social Media Links:
Chase.In.Point Instagram
TwoTrackNation Instagram
TwoTrackNation YouTube

There's a few informational videos I've put out on our YouTube as well if you're curious on some of the aspects of this build. I also did a quick walkaround of the rig a few months ago for a 4WD247 entry that has a lot of the build aspects.

Zarges Diesel Heater Setup
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIS64Rn_yqQ&t=916s

How to Fit 35s on a GX470
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cze8bKW1qhE

Here's some photos to get this party started!
This first one is from over a New Years trip where I was testing a new diesel heater build on the rig (aluminum boxes on the quarter windows)
View attachment 2970915

Diesel Heater in action. Part of this design was to have minimal setup as possible. It's all self-contained in this box with the fuel tank in a matching box on the other side. A hole in the bottom of the Alu-Cab allows for quick hook-up and central heat to the tent! Short piping runs means minimal heat-loss as well.
View attachment 2970951

Rear interior setup:
Some plastic bins that slide under a home-made platform that clicks into the 3rd row seat mounts. 75L Dometic fridge, and some tool boxes to hold, well, tools.... and some other recovery stuff. The hatch also has the typical fold down table for cooking. It's a bit messy in this photo as i was in the middle of cleaning some stuff out but you get the idea, ha. Like i mentioned before, this will be all getting re-done this year but it's served me well over the past 3-4 years.
View attachment 2970957

Getting a bit rowdy in Moab last year. The rig gets driven quite hard and has had some serious repairs mainly over the last year.
View attachment 2970962

On the edge of Top of The World in Moab. This photo is actually in the May 2022 issue of Tread Magazine!!!
View attachment 2970936

The most recent upgrades to the GX have been in terms of lighting. BX Built helped me put together some custom headlights with their new projectors, halos, etched lenses, and some BD s2s in the turn signal housing. Absolutely love how they turned out! The rear tail lights also actually just got swapped out a couple weeks ago for some ones inspired by the 150's design.

View attachment 2970973
View attachment 2970974

Anyways, figured I'd make my introduction here. Thanks for checking it out and I hope to see you all around more. Also if anyone is going to be at Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, drop by and say hi!
Ahhh sweet! I’ve seen your rig from time to time on insta and always liked it

Going to be giving these CVJ +2 Long Travel Axles a shot. Talking with the guy there, they're hardened completely unlike surface hardening from some other manufacturers. Obviously he's going to think his product is better and I have no way of verifying really other than cutting a bunch of axles in half and performing hardness testing lol. Their stuff has served me right for the past couple years though so we will see what happens. They are also in-stock and ready to ship for anyone needing long travel axles.

IMG_6692.jpg

Last edited:
37s arrived and I started test-fitting and cutting the body.

I'm not running a body lift, and am clearancing for full stuff compression. I also am using 1.25" spacers to somewhat match the front long travel, but moreso that i get the proper clearancing for when i eventually do a wider axle in the future. Here's how she looks with the 37s, and 1.25" spacers.

IMG_6764.jpg

Ended the day here. This is at full compression, hitting the bump at about 0.5-1" compression. Still more cutting to do to account for severe compression during 2-wheeling but it's looking great. Things to know: sunroof drain is hidden behind this fender and i nearly sliced through it.

IMG_6783.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom