Catalytic Converter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Simple help,

Does anyone feel a major power loss with their 12HT?. When going up hill, truck loves to bog down and need to shift from D to 3.

I’ve replaced turbo, and now thinking of rebuilding transmission.

Not sure if the this is normal. Also, does anyone know if the 60 series 12HT has a catalytic converter stock?

wonder if the kickdown cable is bound up and not working?

Not sure what a kick down cable is. Would that be something like the torque converter?
My HJ61 is auto

And thanks for replying, could use all the trouble shooting I can get before working on a major component

Kickdown cable is a cable attached to the accelerator pedal that connects to the transmission and signals to downshift when you put your foot to the floor. If the cable were sticking, the transmission wouldnt downshift in D going up hills.

Kickdown cable is a cable attached to the accelerator pedal that connects to the transmission and signals to downshift when you put your foot to the floor. If the cable were sticking, the transmission wouldnt downshift in D going up hills.
I see, thsnks for clarity. The vehicle does down shift on its own with no problem or hesitation. But prior to down shifting, if I were start on a 2-3% gradual climb uphill, @120km speed, the truck slows dramatically to 80km in mere seconds. I cannot pin point weather it’s the weight of the vehicle that slows it down or loss of power, (at that point), I select D3 to keep steady uphill. D3 holds and maintains about 50km. I’ve notice by doing so, down shifting keeps engine temp low. Once over the hill, it picks up speed as normal then I shift back into D.

I hope painting a scenario can give you some insight on the vehicle performance.

I know 60 series are not known for speed, but torque, and wanted to cross reference with someone if I may need a possible transmission rebuild.

As far as I know, the HJ61 w/ 12HT did not have a CAT from the factory, but who knows what you got, or how it was imported in Calif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom