Cat stolen on 99 LX, OEM part no longer available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish some one would take my Cats, It would give me the excuse to buy the factory Toyota DELETE PIPES.

TL100-300-4.7.jpg

I wish some one would take my Cats, It would give me the excuse to buy the factory Toyota DELETE PIPES.
I'm pretty sure those are shorter than the stock cats, so you'd probably have to get those long headers too.

I bought and installed Magnaflow cats a couple yrs ago... for strict CA rules too. Fit perfectly fine, and LX is happy
(stock cats had over 270k miles on them) Also using aftermarket skids now that complete cover the cats.

This part number is gone folks. There are none left and no dealer has one on their shelf.

Crazy, didn't think we were at that point yet with the 100 series.

I've aftermarket Davico CATs on my 07 (Which are not the same as 89-05 CATs). They seem fine w/about 12K & 7K miles respectively, on them now. BK2 was installed by PO at Mid-ASS. So I match BK1 to it.

These may not pass all states! They pass CO at time installed.

Good:
  1. They bolt on and are unversesal as to side. You just plug second O2 hole.
  2. Heat shield on top.
  3. Heat shield will never rattle.
Bad:
  1. They're on the pricey side for aftermarkets. But I got a great deal online from somewhere, to my door for ~$300. Heck of a lot cheaper than $2k OEMs
  2. Not a full heat shield, like OEM.
Indifferent:
  1. CAT material a little smaller in diameter and length. Certainly less rare earth material and lower quality than OEM.

I would prefer OEM as this is my test vehicle, I've modified to correct a VVT only issue. Could be they affect Fuel Trims (FT) I suppose. But I do have very very good FT readings, running around bk1 0 to 0.8 %, BK2 -1.6% to -0. I shooting for 0% both banks. But still about the best I've ever seen.

I do get P0430 (BK 2 CAT) pending if I idle to long. But clears self right aways, which I'd never know was even pending, except I scan every time I start & drive.. But Mid-ASS tech, really made a mess installing that BK2 CAT, O2, AI and more, so like cause. I really mean a really bad mess. BK1 CAT I install, never even goes pending.

Just passed emission test.

I've aftermarket Davico CATs on my 07 (Which are not the same as 89-05 CATs). They seem fine w/about 12K & 7K miles respectively, on them now. BK2 was installed by PO at Mid-ASS. So I match BK1 to it.

These may not pass all states! They pass CO at time installed.

Good:
  1. They bolt on and are unversesal as to side. You just plug second O2 hole.
  2. Heat shield on top.
  3. Heat shield will never rattle.
Bad:
  1. They're on the pricey side for aftermarkets. But I got a great deal online from somewhere, to my door for ~$300. Heck of a lot cheaper than $2k OEMs
  2. Not a full heat shield, like OEM.
Indifferent:
  1. CAT material a little smaller in diameter and length. Certainly less rare earth material and lower quality than OEM.

I would prefer OEM as this is my test vehicle, I've modified to correct a VVT only issue. Could be they affect Fuel Trims (FT) I suppose. But I do have very very good FT readings, running around bk1 0 to 0.8 %, BK2 -1.6% to -0. I shooting for 0% both banks. But still about the best I've ever seen.

I do get P0430 (BK 2 CAT) pending if I idle to long. But clears self right aways, which I'd never know was even pending, except I scan every time I start & drive.. But Mid-ASS tech, really made a mess installing that BK2 CAT, O2, AI and more, so like cause. I really mean a really bad mess. BK1 CAT I install, never even goes pending.

Just passed emission test.

Which Davico part number (17194 or 47194) did you use for your bank 2? I see two different on RockAuto

Also what did you use to plug the second O2 sensor port?

I’m debating buying aftermarket vs OEM.

Thanks!

I bought and installed Magnaflow cats a couple yrs ago... for strict CA rules too. Fit perfectly fine, and LX is happy
(stock cats had over 270k miles on them) Also using aftermarket skids now that complete cover the cats.
What skids are you using? (I had thought that they typically only cover the front of the cats.)

I wish some one would take my Cats, It would give me the excuse to buy the factory Toyota DELETE PIPES
The oem no cat pipes are cheap, but like all things, they are getting more expensive every year.

It only took me half an hour to figure out MId-ASS means Midas. Sheesh- man.

Which Davico part number (17194 or 47194) did you use for your bank 2? I see two different on RockAuto

Also what did you use to plug the second O2 sensor port?

I’m debating buying aftermarket vs OEM.

Thanks!
I really don't like giving part numbers. Too often people do not read the whole body of a post. Then they think all 100 series are the same THEY ARE NOT.

But here you go:

Davico PN# 17194. Which for series 100 2006 & 2007 VVT engine, made for USA market. These will not fit 98-2005.
Davico. PN# 47194 states "Dealer Alternative", which IDK what that indicates. Call Davico.

I only used the Davico on BK1, so it would match BK2 Davico installed at Midas by PO. Their may be better Aftermarket CAT IDK.

My notes say Davico PN # 17194 are interchangeable as to left and right, as does their web page.
@jerryb after you read this post you know (remember) why I called them (Midas) Mid-ASS

Davico CAT has two O2 holes. Depending on which BK you install on. The second hole (open hole) is plugs with 18mm drain plug. This is so O2 is at correct position so wire of O2, reaches harness socket on vehicle. Davico includes the 18mm plug, or was suppose too. I had too purchase 18mm drain plug from parts store. I also purchases 18mm crush washers a: AC Delco G18mm. I replace this washers/gasket, anytime I remove and reinstall same O2 or A/F sensors. RockAuto.https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=250869&jsn=1220

Remember replace all gaskets, Torque to spec and do not touch prob of O2. Denso does recommend anti sizes on threads of O2.

There is no emission testing in WV and would consider going this route if I ever need new cats. One question though: what would you do about the downstream O2 triggering a fault code?
They have O2 spacers that you can install on the downstream sensor to compensate and cheat the system.

Makes me wonder what would happen in a smog-checking state where there are stringent rules about using only OEM parts if there is no aftermarket part officially approved...

Makes me wonder what would happen in a smog-checking state where there are stringent rules about using only OEM parts if there is no aftermarket part officially approved...
Back in the day, some of the Honda tuner guys that I knew would take perfectly good cats and bash out the insides so that they're basically just straight pipes, but they look stock from the outside.

^ not that great for the HC sniffing part of a smog test, I would think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom