Cascadia Rooftop Tent and Diamond Rax installed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Early Days

It is still Early days but I have indeed begun a thread on the expedition builds page and it can be found here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/expedition-builds/522985-2-diesels-4-continents.html

There is a bit of a back story (importing the BJ from NZ) that I think others would find helpful. Turns out buying a rig in NZ or Australia and shipping to US is rather easy.

Plus had some interesting problems along the way, Bad fuseable links, leaky fuel lines and currently the clutch master cylinder has given up the ghost. Hope to get up to speed on all of those before the roof rack arrives.

Thanks for following guys, appreciate the support!

24vRHD said:
So I've gone ahead and taken the Plunge! I bought the Diamond Rax and the CVT Mr. Shasta. Great working with Greg from Diamond Rax. He was very responsive and I can't wait to see what he comes up with! Will be sure to keep everyone updated with pictures and feedback!

I still remember when I got mine!! A year later and I'm still excited :)
Hope you enjoy the rack and the tent. Both Greg and Bobby are great to work with and their equipment is top notch. Customer service is above and beyond in every respect. Give us some pics once you've got everything mounted.

So I've gone ahead and taken the Plunge! I bought the Diamond Rax and the CVT Mr. Shasta. Great working with Greg from Diamond Rax. He was very responsive and I can't wait to see what he comes up with! Will be sure to keep everyone updated with pictures and feedback!

Any update on your Mt. Shasta and DiamondRax?? Love to see some pictures!!

ken

Hey Ken,

So a bit of an update. Greg is trying to get everything to Boulder CO by next week because we will have a couple of folks around to install it and maybe even make a time lapse movie of it.

I am finalizing my McMaster order for mounting hardware for the RTT. We really don't want to make it TOO easy to walk away so with Greg's help I have ordered the theft-deterrent bolts and nuts to secure it. For anyone following in my footsteps here are the parts I have ordered below. I opted for the screws with two eyes in them as per the picture because they were the only style that has a 3/8" bolt that was 2" long (needed for the Bulldog 2.0 gutter clamps).

It is worth noting that the tri-groove nuts are not to spendy but the socket is $30! Wow.

Greg reckons that if the rack is well secured it will be very difficult to remove the tent. As such we have only purchases security hardware for the rack itself.

94135A632
Truss-Head Drilled Spanner Machine Screw 18-8 SS, 3/8"-16 Thread, 2" Length, 2 packs of 5ea

52775A33
Drilled Spanner Insert Bit 1/4" Hex Shank, #14 & 1/4" Screw Size, 1" Length

i2 x 3.80 each

94135A624
Truss-Head Drilled Spanner Machine Screw 18-8 SS, 3/8"-16 Thread, 1" Length, 2 x packs of 10

90080A260
Tri-Groove Tamper-Resistant Nut Zinc-Plated Steel, 3/8"-16 Thread Size, 1 x packs of 25

7393A38
#30 Square-Drive Socket, Steel
trussspanner.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom