SIGN UP FOR TRAINING/GUIDED TRAILS - June 4-7th Uwharrie (OEX TRAINING / GRAND OVERLAND and BIG CREEK) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im coming Thursday evening.

Either Relic or non-relic/hard/non leader.Don't know which vehicle its gonna be yet but ill be in one of them

Is this for anyone coming?
If so
RELIC/MEDIUM/72 FJ40
definetly want to do afternoon trail also.
I can't remember which level trails we did last year u til rear driveshaft barber poles on me!

All updated to here.

Decided to take Thursday off. So im good for any Thursday class.

If I'm a walkup/spectator, am I still able to join on a trail run? I'd like to do the non-relic easy. And does my vehicle have to pass the inspection list for easy?

Disclaimer: I know nothing and am known to spout of useless and often misleading information. With that said:

I think for a TLCA event, any vehicles participating need an inspection. Its a liability requirement for the club. The inspection requirements are listed on the ONSC web page and seem pretty benign. If you just want to ride along without a vehicle then I’m sure there’s a seat somewhere.

Disclaimer: I know nothing and am known to spout of useless and often misleading information. With that said:

I think for a TLCA event, any vehicles participating need an inspection. Its a liability requirement for the club. The inspection requirements are listed on the ONSC web page and seem pretty benign. If you just want to ride along without a vehicle then I’m sure there’s a seat somewhere.

Thanks! I figured that was the case. Since this is my very first time, and it seems a little overwhelming, I'll play the spectator, walk around, take pics, and enjoy the sights.

@NY2NC you are in for a real treat. The ONSC group puts on an amazing event. Its one time out of the year I feel like a kid again. Don’t limit your experience, come see me for the inspection and don’t forget your fire extinguisher and proper battery tie downs.

@NY2NC you are in for a real treat. The ONSC group puts on an amazing event. Its one time out of the year I feel like a kid again. Don’t limit your experience, come see me for the inspection and don’t forget your fire extinguisher and proper battery tie downs.

Yup, my LC already failed. For the minimum requirements: No fire extinguisher, and my parking brake is no bueno. For the evaluated items, no hi-lift jack, no tow strap/rope/chain, no winch, and no CB radio. :rofl:

Last edited:
Show up and be part of the relic run car show if your truck won’t make inspection for the run. I’d suggest the day pass versus the spectator. Gives you dinner and a driver raffle ticket for the warn 8274.

and don’t forget the costume competition for adults and kids. Fabulous prizes!! Lol. Damn game show host over here.

Show up and be part of the relic run car show if your truck won’t make inspection for the run. I’d suggest the day pass versus the spectator. Gives you dinner and a driver raffle ticket for the warn 8274.

and don’t forget the costume competition for adults and kids. Fabulous prizes!! Lol. Damn game show host over here.

Ok. Sounds good. Only reason why I was thinking spectator is because we won't be camping. But food wins!

No camping? That’s crazy man. @NY2NC How you gonna hear all the ruckus at 3am from the loud side of camp? Wait, are we at shadowlands or group camp?

No camping? That’s crazy man. @NY2NC How you gonna hear all the ruckus at 3am from the loud side of camp? Wait, are we at shadowlands or group camp?

I have two young daughters that have never been camping. With zero camp equipment, just not ready to do it. Hopefully, in the coming year, I can start building up.

Nice. I could outfit an entire family of ten with no issues. PM me if you change your mind and want to camp old school. Canvas tents, cast iron skillets, old Coleman stoves and lanterns. The light output is terrible but the carbon monoxide is what will get you.

@jamesurq will you add me to the Thursday training, please and thank you!

@jamesurq New member and new to 4x4'ing. Can you put me down for Thursday's mixed class (and Friday if either waitlist allows for it)? As far as trails go I'd like to do easy/ non-relic/ not leading.

@Comet @forrest5000 I saw the inspection sheet posted and needed some clarification on what out of the "Evaluated Items" is required to tag along, specifically: winch, hi-lift jack, and CB radio.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in June!

The evaluated items list is essentially a list of recommended equipment and conditions that inspectors look out for. It is up to their discretion whether or not you pass on those items, whereas the minimum vehicle requirements list is more black and white.

For the jack line item, it says "high-lift type recommended" but the point is to have a jack in your vehicle that will enable you to change a tire. Bring a floor jack if you'd like, we just want to have something. If you don't have a tow strap, winch, or CB radio, but have everything else, then you'll likely get a pass, with a recommendation to pick up at least a tow strap for next time.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom