Carburetor disassembly - mainly removal / install Q’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also. Look at your photo with the two springs in the lower left corner. The smaller spring on the plunger is very easy to damage/stretch and is not available anywhere. You can make a replacement from a spring in a bic pen. ed

Also. Look at your photo with the two springs in the lower left corner. The smaller spring on the plunger is very easy to damage/stretch and is not available anywhere. You can make a replacement from a spring in a bic pen. ed

Yes I have it all sitting where no one can touch it...it looks bent in the pic but actually it’s good to go. It’s a very flimsy spring as opposed to one that’s more sturdy so that’s why it looks like it does

Last edited:
I’m sorry maybe I’m still new but can’t find that member? Any direction would be awesome

Mr. T is Toyota, still available OEM.

Ok so Mr. Toyota did have it although it was across the nation on the east coast and I’ll be waiting for it for a week - I bought 2 just in case

This should totally be part of the rebuild kit, easily snapped when taking out - and if the kit expects you to take out replace the ball bearing it’s minimum a 25% chance it’s damaged in some way when taking out.

C2173666-0BC2-49AF-9CFE-324B1A27FB6B.jpeg

Not sure if this is updated or what’s up but the replacement is definitely not the same. Anything guys?
Thinking I’m going to put the original one back in after finding a clog in my main jet.
But is this a legit replacement just with updated minor specs? One on the left is obviously the new one in kit

6E7E7EFD-9895-4AF0-81A9-6C1018AC08A8.jpeg

Oh wow ok so this definitely wasn’t in dudes video. You have to unscrew the little “jet” from the old and screw it into the new before replacing.

85753541-22A6-4F8A-9F56-8337D5051929.jpeg

44E2F8DC-1BD6-4DFE-8537-F9B8B4FDFADA.jpeg

That is the power valve. Yes, there is a power jet that screws into the end of the PV. The newer one w/plastic spring retainer is fine, I have seen no failures in the last ~20 years the kits have used the plastic part. The PV doesn't seem to wear, so re-using the OE part is also OK.

Carry on.

Awesome thanks - finally last question when putting my carb back into the car I see that where the 4 bolts are to attach it - there is a part which makes it so that it doesn’t sit flush - I’m gunna take it back off and take a look again but I didnt change anything and is that I’m putting back on I noticed that. Doesn’t that mess with the seal? I mean it has to there is a gap ... here is a pic - pic1: shows how the base sits off - pic2, 3: show the part that makes it do that and then the 3rd shows what that part does... thanks for guidance .. maybe I just found another reason everything wasn’t working correctly from PO

26B8A4D5-1AC5-42BF-9E96-D5D44EF88EED.jpeg

865349AC-1CC3-4CB9-B226-5BB2791FCE20.jpeg

44208784-270E-405D-BCB7-7122E00837E7.jpeg

Awesome thanks - finally last question when putting my carb back into the car I see that where the 4 bolts are to attach it - there is a part which makes it so that it doesn’t sit flush - I’m gunna take it back off and take a look again but I didnt change anything and is that I’m putting back on I noticed that. Doesn’t that mess with the seal? I mean it has to there is a gap ... here is a pic - pic1: shows how the base sits off - pic2, 3: show the part that makes it do that and then the 3rd shows what that part does... thanks for guidance .. maybe I just found another reason everything wasn’t working correctly from PO

View attachment 2085437

View attachment 2085438

View attachment 2085439

Bracket goes above the carb base.
IMG_5162.jpg

Yup, you have that bracket under the carb base, it goes above

Thanks guys - I’ll square that away and test it tmrw. see if my rig can’t stay on with the choke all way in. I’ll report back.

Wow okay so much better but it still wants to rumble to a stop when the choke off ... suggestions? I checked and have power to the solenoid, maybe I need to adjust something on the carb, the idle speed? I’m lost on where to go next on this.

View attachment 2085437

Not that this is your problem, but I don’t like it. Carb to insulator gasket is down to nothing on the left and barely compressed on the right. Just sayin’

Fixed - had the bracket on the bottom instead of above like a dope ... totally my fault. It’s completely sealed now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom