Carb rebuild kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just came upon a 1970 FJ40 and an new to the group. Got’er started but have no throttle response. Trying to find a carb kit for my engine but the year 1970 is conspicuously missing on cruise parts.net. Any ideas? Engine SN attached.

469EAC55-6572-44C6-ADC6-5DE4B0A54CD4.jpeg

Go back to the Cruiser Outfitters website and take a look under the carb kit section. There’s a link that you may find helpful.

also Spector Off-road has a carb ID page.

Go back to the Cruiser Outfitters website and take a look under the carb kit section. There’s a link that you may find helpful.
^This^ And if there are any questions call Kurt, he helped me find the right one for my non-USA carb.

That is not a single Barrel carb. It is a 2 barrel with primary and secondary jets. the mating flange to the air cleaner is one big circle, but don't confuse that for a 'single barrel'.

Yours is this one:

only negative for that kit is the pump is rubber instead of leather like original.

should look like that when you are done.

20210625_142239.jpg

Like mentioned above, yours is an early 2 barrel. The keyster kits that cover late 69-73 will work for yours. Note that the kits are slightly different with contents like jets and no single kit will have everything you need. The last couple I rebuilt I used a mix of keyster kits from cruiser outfitters and a napa kit, which included the leather accelerator plunger.

You're throttle return spring bracket should be bolted onto the throttle body, btw.

Let's see some more pics! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom