Cape Lookout - Veteran's Day - Nov 10-13 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
Next trip is our annual Fall trip to the OBX. This time around I got Cabin #1, which has tons and tons of parking. The cabin itself only sleeps 6, but people are free to camp on the beach or sleep in their trucks in the parking lot of we have a lot of interest.

Number of vehicles is two on the reservation, but is not enforced in any way. I don't think we've ever had less than 4 vehicles at any of the cabins.

Ferries are CALO and Davis. Make reservations by calling.

CALO:
(252) 729-9751 or (252) 729-9752

Davis:
(252) RAW-FISH or (252) 729-3474

1664989292976.png

Post up if you can make it!!

Signup Sheet:
(Name) - (Ferry Over), (Ferry Back)
Johnny C - Nov10 @2pm, Nov13 @12:30pm

Last edited:
I'm in! Ferry has been reserved
Kurt C - Nov10 @2:30pm, Nov13 @8:30am
Is there a bunk open in the cabin? If yes I would like one.
Firewood or propane firepit?
I still need to get my $50 OHV pass

Are guests allowed or does everyone have to be an ONSC member?

I'm in. Still confirming ferry times.

Membership is encouraged, but not required

Ok, count me in + 2-3 guests, we all plan to tent camp. Ferry details to follow.....
Looking forward to it!

Ok, count me in + 2-3 guests, we all plan to tent camp. Ferry details to follow.....
Looking forward to it!
Edit:

Myself:
Booked for Cape Lookout Ferry 11:30am Nov 11, returning Nov 13 at 2:30pm.

+2 guests:
Booked for Cape Lookout Ferry 11:30am Nov 11, returning Nov 13 at 4:30pm

Davis shore ferry tells me they are booked solid for these dates BTW.

Last edited:
Just confirmed my ferry times:

11/10 @ 2pm
11/13 @ 11am

Reminder to anyone who is looking at coming, get your ferry slots asap! They're fairly full already.

What's the plan for preparing food during the trip? Are there communal cooking facilities available (i.e. burners), or should we all plan to bring our own gear?

There's a propane stove/range inside the cabin. As for planning, I have no concrete plans, but I plan on making tacos at least one of the nights.

If @SeanLX brings his fishing A-Game, one of those nights might be fish tacos :)

There's a propane stove/range inside the cabin. As for planning, I have no concrete plans, but I plan on making tacos at least one of the nights.

If @SeanLX brings his fishing A-Game, one of those nights might be fish tacos :)
nice, I didn't know the cabin came with a range, that makes things easier. Of course I also expect to only be eating nothing but fish that we catch that weekend! :)

I am so looking forward to this trip, bring your A game :)

I'm all for eating fish all weekend. We should stock up on the way down. :rofl: :bang::beer::meh:

I'll have bait shrimp but can't guarantee anything else. But I will be trying.

Cabins have a propane stove and hot water which is nice. No electricity but we'll have a way to plug in the lights. Hot showers (in cabins and the bath house) go a long way toward being comfortable.

As we get closer we can have mud "conversations" or text and plan some group dinners.

I knew I had made reservations back in January.

Ferry times
Del Roman
11/10/22 @1000 going out
11/13/22 @1500 coming back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom