Canvas soft top waterproof treatment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently tried Meguiars canvas treatment on several canvas samples that came with one of Ehsan's soft tops.

http://www.meguiars.com/?boat-cover-care/Canvas-Protectant

$20 per can.
Does not appear to affect the material in any adverse way.
Material remains soft and plyable.

Has anyone tired this product and if so how does it hold up over time? Any other feedback? Looks like good stuff so far.

I have tried Canvak which works well. My only issue is that it is fairly heavy - brush or roll on - and seems to build up over time making the canvas heavier and a little less plyable.
canvas2hrs.jpg
canvas24hrs.jpg
Canvas48hrs.jpg

Canvak stinks, too:mad:

Looks good. Meguiar's makes good stuff. Thanks for the link, I had no idea thay made any such stuff.

Ed:beer:

We use and recommend a cleaner and waterproofer - two products from 303 Products. Clean with 303 fabric cleaner first, then apply 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. These products work VERY well, have no smell, and are invisible on the fabric.

We recommend these products for people who renew older roof top tents.

Mike

How would he know? It doesn't rain in Pakistan :flipoff2:
I sure rains here. :). alf the country is in floods these days alone. :) . To be honest about the water proofing, I dont have a slightest idea. Nothing of the sort is used here by anyone I know. I am sure it would be available. I will do some research on this.
Ehsan

Does this work well against UV rays...dry-rot from sun exposure like one might find in Texas?

OIr is there some other miracle product to prevent sun damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom