Can't find thread - shift clunk and D indicator light not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

I know this answer is somewhere in the forum, but neither forum nor google search revealed the answer.

I have a clunk/ hard shift when shifting from P to D or R, from D to R and back, ...
In addition my gear indicator light for D is not working.

I know that in the depth of this forum somebody solved it the easy by more or less saying:
"there is a connector in the engine bay close to the firewall. this connector likes to corrode and is the cause that the transmission doesn't properly detect in which gear it is"

But I'm unable to find the thread and this specific answer...
Can somebody help me here?

Thanks for the links, but it's neither nor.

flanges and CVs are new, so that's not it. But I absolutely have in mind that someone fixed a connector in the engine bay and solved clunk+light in one shot...

Let's see what others say...

clunk is front diff cover bushing.
Will check tonight and have my wife shift while I'm under the car (hope she doesn't mean it serious :-D)

clunk is front diff cover bushing.

Man… just having a beer on you ;)

Laying under the Car my wife shifted to R and: front diff bushing raised up by 4mm!
When I tighten it I now I can see a gap of 2mm between the lower “washer” plate and the rubber of the pressed in bushing…

Ordering parts, fixing it and hoping it solves all my noise issues!
Who cares about a working light… 😂

image.jpg

I had a local Cruiser guru and Baja guy ( Steve Prosise ) do my UCA's, Diff drop, steering rack and I provided that front replacement bushing...he said it was not fun getting the old one out. On the side ones, people usually pony up for the whole arm assembly with bushings already installed to make at least that part easier.

I just did the one.

:beer: :beer:

All of the rubber bits on our rigs are getting old. Replace as many of them as you can stand and your clunk will continue to diminish all the way to gone.

Man i've been dealing with this differential clunk for years and couldn't find an answer till now. Thanks guys!

Found the thread to the install!

Uuuuuuuhhhhhh! I FOUND THE THREAD!
but in the 80-series and not 100 ^^

Although I think this is eventually not related to my issue I wanted to post it for the sake of completeness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom