ABS Light on, and ABS not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 99 100 series with 375k on the clock. I have a constant on ABS light and my ABS isn't working. I am slipping around in the snow verses feeling the pulsing I normally feel when the computer takes over on snowy roads.

I assume there are sensors and computers involved. Any ideas where to poke around first? I am NOT getting any error codes on my ScanGauge 2.

could be many things. Techstream would probably help with the diagnosis.

I would check all the ABS sensor wires, pull them out of the hubs and clean the ends to make sure they are getting good signal. test for continutiy to each wheel sensor. Always start with the easist things first. But if you havent replaced your brake booster yet, you may want to budget for that

I have a 99 100 series with 375k on the clock. I have a constant on ABS light and my ABS isn't working. I am slipping around in the snow verses feeling the pulsing I normally feel when the computer takes over on snowy roads.

I assume there are sensors and computers involved. Any ideas where to poke around first? I am NOT getting any error codes on my ScanGauge 2.
Here are the ABS pages from my '99 LC EWD book. It's a pretty simple system on the early years.

20231113_204541.jpg
20231113_204604.jpg
20231113_204625.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom