Driver's door open indicator not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This has been bugging me for the past few months. The indicator that the driver side front door is open is not working.
It would not have been that big of a deal, if the car was not auto locking after 40s, if it doesn't detect a door open after unlocking. Managed to lock the keys inside twice already. I know I can disable it in techstream, but still would prefer to fix the damn indicator.
Has anybody dealt with this? The switch is on the pilar, so it's not the door harness.

@Moridinbg's statement, implies other doors indicate on dash. So I assume bulb good. @excessive, have you heard of a dead bulb doing this?

I've not dealt with this, but I'd start by check continued from DS "B" pillar SW back upstream. First making sure SW function as it should.

I've not traced the wire before. But I'd guess it runs along threshold. There is AHC wires, that run along thresholds also. Did you find your AHC issue :hmm:

Other doors were indicating on the dash, yes.
AHC actually was almost ready after I fixed the broken wire. The wobble was because the panhard bolt on the chassis had been loose and eventually fell off 😅

Try swaping left rear door switch to the driver door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom