CANCELED- Rubicon Trail -Sept 7th 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you are saying extra gas might be overkill?

You will be happy with extra gas. Seriously, with a 2F, this trail goes through the gas. More than once, I've had to give 5 gallons to someone else and so 10 gallons extra is good.

I buy gas at Fresh Ponds, then drive up the hill (it's steep and burns through the gas) and pass by Ice House (usually has expensive gas). Sometimes I buy gas there but you don't need to. It's a long way from Fresh Ponds to the trailhead, that alone is 5 gallons worth. Then the trail is 1-2 MPG with a carbed FJ60. Better with fuel injection.

But, with an FJ60, and 5 gallons of extra gas, you'll get back to Lake Tahoe. If you have 10 gallons extra, you'll have more options.

As much as this pains me, I am going to have to pull out of the trip. The covid business scuttled my family vacation plans this spring, and it would not sit right with me heading out to CA while not taking a vacation with my wife and kids. I am bummed, I have wanted to run the Rubicon since I was a teenager, it is just going to have to wait for me.

As much as this pains me, I am going to have to pull out of the trip.

Totally understandable.

Who even knows how things will play out when we get closer to the date. California could shut down tight again.

Time will tell.

Well, 2020 cancels yet another event.

Since there are some of the core group that cannot participate in our Rubicon 2020 trip, I’m canceling it.

Totally bummed to announce this, but this is where we are right now,

Rubicon 2021?

Last edited:
Sounds good to me.

What time frame for 2021?

September does not work, but almost any other summer dates will work.

I just ran the Rubicon with my group.

Let me know if you guys have any questions, happy to be a resource.

Silver lining to this covid thing... it would SUCK to be coming off the trail today, and that would be the end of the trip....

So as we're closing out this s***-show of a year, has there been any thought to a possible reboot for 2021?
Obviously it would depend on several factors, but can we at least discuss dates?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom