CANCELED- Rubicon Trail -Sept 7th 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m working on a plan. The September date works in my favor.

Make it happen Chris!
When will you have the chance again?

With between 10-15 trucks committing when it all comes down to it, there will be plenty of passenger seats. However, passengers will be required to stack rocks, pull cable, and earn their seat (bring booze/food).

I figured that was without stating. Can't just join the fun for free

I’m finally caught up on the avalanche of postings. Interesting new twists in the plan. Crusha has me on the list as a confirmed truck. That’s flattering for sure, and as a guy who will go thru hell and high water not to miss a trip, I certainly hope to be there. Knowing I’m going to Rubithon makes knowing anything at this point for sure impossible though. The two trips could be theoretically 4-5 weeks apart, and Ben and I will be driving the Rubicon in a 40. That would probably push me more to try and passenger as Ben has voiced. If I did bring a vehicle, it sounds like shipping my locked 40 on 35’s the better choice over the Taco. But then that seems silly to drive the Rubicon twice in one year. Hopefully the Rubithon goes off in June as that will open up options. Anyway you slice it, there is a lot to look forward to, and it will be exciting to see how this plays out.

At some point can you add real full names to the list... I don't know everyone by their mud name.

Full names added to initial post.

Crusha has me on the list as a confirmed truck.

And I'll leave you there for now. It's a long way off, but wanted to make sure you were on the list. When you make that decision, I can remove you, if need be.

Parts of the Sierras had over 60” of snow this past weekend, with a continued line of storms comfirmed through December. It’s still early, but the early season trends are looking great for pow turns and not great for a June Rubithon

I’m finally caught up on the avalanche of postings. Interesting new twists in the plan. Crusha has me on the list as a confirmed truck. That’s flattering for sure, and as a guy who will go thru hell and high water not to miss a trip, I certainly hope to be there. Knowing I’m going to Rubithon makes knowing anything at this point for sure impossible though. The two trips could be theoretically 4-5 weeks apart, and Ben and I will be driving the Rubicon in a 40. That would probably push me more to try and passenger as Ben has voiced. If I did bring a vehicle, it sounds like shipping my locked 40 on 35’s the better choice over the Taco. But then that seems silly to drive the Rubicon twice in one year. Hopefully the Rubithon goes off in June as that will open up options. Anyway you slice it, there is a lot to look forward to, and it will be exciting to see how this plays out.

I have gone a little OCD on the Basecamp project... added some To-do lists and a Contact list document. if Stump and or Crusha want me to stand down drop me a note.

I have gone a little OCD on the Basecamp project... added some To-do lists and a Contact list document. if Stump and or Crusha want me to stand down drop me a note.

Nope.

Go for it.

I'm actually liking the basecamp app.

I use it for my business... it's pretty useful in communicating with clients. Emails get lost, Basecamp provides a way to keep discussions together.

If these bumbling guys can make it we might have a chance!

It might be a little more rock crawling that I want to do in my small tire wheeler. I am trying to watch as much video as I can to see what the trails are like out there. I suggest everyone do the same and see if it is what they want to do before we dive in. We still have a lot of time to figure it out.

There are descriptions and videos posted for most of the trails we are listing in Basecamp:

Feel free to add to any section, and add other area trails if you want....

It's even better at 2X speed. If only there were more people spotting ...

If these bumbling guys can make it we might have a chance!

It might be a little more rock crawling that I want to do in my small tire wheeler. I am trying to watch as much video as I can to see what the trails are like out there. I suggest everyone do the same and see if it is what they want to do before we dive in. We still have a lot of time to figure it out.

Having just watched the full 32 minutes of that video I was petrified. Scared for the way the "spotters" (yeah all of them talking at the same time) were positioned dangerously. Trying to hold a full size truck from leaning over with one hand? Having your foot right in front of a tire on a vehicle that is trying to move forward? And can't imagine getting the jeep with the green tie rod through the trail without bending it a few times, sure was in a vulnerable position.

Last edited:
I have been watching these plans build and I am very envious. Someday I will have my crap together and I will know what I can plan 9 months in advance for and sign-up for. Until then I will be watching and wishing, so please keep posting the details. Lame excuses, such me, are getting their taste of freedom and life through these posts.
Good luck and have fun

Jon keeps yelling at me that life is short, if not now, when?
I really can't say for sure that I'll be able to make this trip but if I don't sign up and work towards that goal I CERTAINLY won't be going. Life is full of complicating favors that we can't control but you have to try to push ahead anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom