Can someone ID this 3B oil cooler / oil filter housing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased this oil cooler and downward facing oil filter housing combo anticipating a turbo on my 3B from a wrecker off the shelf hence an unknown 3B or B series engine variant.

Can anyone tell me what it is from?? and why it seems to be missing the oil lines to the vacuum pump on the back of the alternator?

thanks

I will assume that all non 7X serie w/3B have downward facing oil filter housing, i.e. : BJ42 and BJ60.

But, I cannot answer you second question which blur me about the orientation of the check valve. Usually, downward oil filter housing have this check valve pointing backward of the engine.

Probably a AUS regionnal particularity... or this part part came from a vehicle without an brake or clutch booster ... if is it possible.

Last edited:
I think the cover part number is 15701-58050. The oil filter bracket part number is 15609-56070, 15609-56060, or 15609-58040 (not sure which). A full list of vehicles it was used on can be found here.

well that's an excellent answer Wes! how did you figure that out? so if that is the case it seems I have a 3B from a dyna or coaster which is most likely here in AUS. and in line with your thinking David does that possibly explain why there is no fittings for oil lines to a vaccum pump as a truck or bus might have had a different system for vacuum?

You dont suppose you can figure out the gasket part numbers for the gasket to the block and the gasket to the filter housing?

I suppose I can still install this housing and then find an alternative oil feed for the vaccum pump? i need to do a turbo return on the sump anyway so maybe i will double it up with a vacuum pump return.

I only knew this because I recently came across a NOS cover and oil filter bracket. I went ahead and purchased them since they were so cheap, even though this wouldn't have been found on my 2B. The cover gasket number is 15725-56020. I think the gasket for the older B series oil coolers (15725-56010) would work with this cover, but I am not sure. The oil bracket gasket is 15691-56041.

Ok thanks for that, i will head to the local Toyota with those numbers and see if i can get the gaskets i need. I will post the alternative oil feed question in a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom