Can I run both an Irrigation pump and a household pump on the same water well? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a well on my rural property and would like to run both my house hold water that uses a household pump, and also run my irrigation water pump on the same well.

Is this ok to do?

Right now I have my well goes to a check valve #1, then some pipe then a check valve #2 to my house water pump. The pressure tank filters etc..

I was thinking run the irrigation pump and hook in between check vale # and check value #2 with a pipe to a #3 check value then the irrigation pump.
Will that work?

Well -> (check Valve #1) then Check Valve #2 the household pump
Well -> (check vale #1) then "v" to (Check valve #3) then irrigation pump.

it should work....I assume that you have enough draw down reserve that you won't burn up your pump (I see that you're in FL)

water is endless... thanks

I called them check valves .. but they are those 1 way valves, so if the pump kicks on it only draws from the well and not the other system. They also prevent back flow as they shut.

Double check valves or back flow protectors have ports for testing the valve to see if it’s holding or it’s leaking. These need to be tested annually but actually on residential systems are rarely ever done.
I’m assuming you have an above ground centrifugal pump (jet pump) If you do you’ll have a foot valve on the suction in the well. To ensure contaminants stay out of the well the irrigation pump will need a double check valve after the pump or pressure tank if you have one on the irrigation pump.

Thanks!

What is that picture you have there, a 50's snow cat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom