Camp Chef Everest 2X High Output Two-Burner Stove (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Has anybody seen one of these in the wild? I've been turned off by all the cookie-cutter Chi-crap Primus-clone stoves on the market. This one looks like it might be in a different class.

Has anybody seen one of these in the wild? I've been turned off by all the cookie-cutter Chi-crap Primus-clone stoves on the market. This one looks like it might be in a different class.

I have one, I like it. Has great heat output.

It is a little flimsy. The ignition thingy nuts came loose a couple of times shortly after I started using it, so I had to take it apart and double-nut it back on. Little things like that. It has adjustable feet, which is real handy.

I was checking out some of the Camp Chef at Bass Pro. The all felt a little thin. I do like the 20k BTU burners. Those should be incredible.

I was checking out some of the Camp Chef at Bass Pro. The all felt a little thin. I do like the 20k BTU burners. Those should be incredible.
Yes. The old Coleman propane one it replaced was a bit underpowered at times. I'm pretty happy with it.

We picked up the Everest model last summer same 20k spec. It's been fantastic. So quick to get water boiling or a skillet up to temp. Has really good control too when you aren't needing all that power.

We picked up the Everest model last summer same 20k spec. It's been fantastic. So quick to get water boiling or a skillet up to temp. Has really good control too when you aren't needing all that power.

I like the smaller footprint of the Everest 2X over the original.

I like the smaller footprint of the Everest 2X over the original.
I wasn't sure what the difference was with the 2X. I would agree a bit smaller would be nice the one we have is a tight squeeze on our camping table. I rarely use both burners anyway.

I have it. If you can find a first gen, it will have metal hinges. The newer ones come with plastic latches which for a stove body seems odd to me. I've used mine a lot though and haven't had any issues with them. I actually bought stainless latches to replace the factory plastic pieces with because I like to improve my gear but haven't gotten around to it.
The plastic really hasn't been a problem. They will break sooner or later and I'll swap them out but until then I'll back burner it.

The power output is great. The flame control is great and the size is great. I have a Lodge griddle that fits nicely over both burners.

Overall, I'm very happy.

And if your a veteran, Camp Chef is on the Promotive/Experticity discount site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom