Calling all Switch Pros Users!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalFJ100

SILVER Star
Threads
I tried searching and didn't see too many threads on the 80 Forum for different Switch Pros installs. Seems to be much more popular in the 100 & 200 Groups! I did see @synapse setup, curious if you have more pictures or details of your setup. Did you make that mounting plate?

Can anyone else chime in here with some pictures and details of how they mounted everything in the engine bay? I am a bit OCD and looking for the install to be as clean and hopefully as inconspicuous as possible.

On another note, what are the pros & cons of using @NLXTACY QPM and installing the Switch Pros power panel in the rear of the truck?

I tried searching and didn't see too many threads on the 80 Forum for different Switch Pros installs. Seems to be much more popular in the 100 & 200 Groups! I did see @synapse setup, curious if you have more pictures or details of your setup. Did you make that mounting plate?

Can anyone else chime in here with some pictures and details of how they mounted everything in the engine bay? I am a bit OCD and looking for the install to be as clean and hopefully as inconspicuous as possible.

On another note, what are the pros & cons of using @NLXTACY QPM and installing the Switch Pros power panel in the rear of the truck?
Pretty sure Wits End has a mount specifically for the 95+ 80s in place of the ashtray.

I just don’t have the production ones ready yet.
08F992F5-41E1-4723-9D2E-01605C8335B3.jpeg
9A8B3E9D-DA3E-467F-B7DC-112AA7B78D60.jpeg
71FDBB50-4BF4-4A5D-B131-5589A95B2585.jpeg
27F2FEED-EE58-4757-B915-1CD749BCA757.jpeg
48823062-F657-426E-8343-9F65BD451C1B.jpeg

@NorCalFJ100 I think part of it is cost, especially relative to vehicle cost. $549 for switches is a lot of money. From what I remember, ICON installed the switch panel in Joe Rogan's 80 in place of the clock. If I end up going this route that's likely where I'll put mine (I have a CB in the ashtray and plan on keeping it).

@NLXTACY that sure is pretty, nice work!

@Joe Link you have a point there. It just seems that just about EVERY upgrade however is $500-$1,000++++ Haha. I also have major OCD and really appreciate how clean the set up is with the Switch Pros, combined with @NLXTACY 's hard work, you end up with an almost OEM setup.

@Joe Link you have a point there. It just seems that just about EVERY upgrade however is $500-$1,000++++ Haha. I also have major OCD and really appreciate how clean the set up is with the Switch Pros, combined with @NLXTACY 's hard work, you end up with an almost OEM setup.

Heh, you and I sound very similar. That's probably why I'll be spending the coin when the time comes. Perfect OCD example, check out how my project snowballed :)

Heh, you and I sound very similar. That's probably why I'll be spending the coin when the time comes. Perfect OCD example, check out how my project snowballed :)

Yeah, I'd say so. Your project is coming along great!! I unfortunately never started a build thread. Really should have. My truck has undergone a major transformation. Practically every moving part is new. New paint. New interior. OEM pretty much everywhere. Running a fully armored rig and loaded for camping at 6,950 lbs my truck drives fantastic. Very happy with it. Took me 3 years to get it on the road. Lol.

Hey man it's never too late! I'd love to see it if you post it.

Overwhelming amount of pictures! Lol. But one of these days I probably will do a retroactive build thread.

I went with the Delta mount, it came with everything to make a easy and clean install.
View attachment 2435404View attachment 2435405

I'm an electrical noob. What is that isolated junction bar you have and what is it used for? I see the exact same thing on some people's Switch Pros install, but not on all.

I like that Delta mount!! I believe I read in the instructions that they said not to mount on the firewall above the engine. Wonder why...

Yeah I talked to the Switch Pros engineer. He was specific about not placing it there on the 80 series due to heat. That’s where I was originally going to design a mounting bracket 😞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom