Calling all Switch Pros Users!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lots of different places to get this inside, kind of depends on what you have wired up already. Good idea is to make something you can add to over time, if you plan to install more things. In my personal ride, I have a ignition hot wire triggering a relay that powers a BlueSea fuse block, so I have tons of things that can then be easily wired to be ignition hot.
2. Recommend skipping that one, no real need for it, as all it does is turn the lights on the switch down a notch when the headlights get turned on. Reality is, the backlighting does no good during the day, so just put the backlighting to a intensity that works well at night. This way you have an extra signal wire that can be used to trigger back up lights, etc.
3. That is correct
4. We like to bring them through the grommet above the pedals

Thank you sir!

The relay and fuse block sounds like a great idea! I want to eventually add more 12V cig outlets for charging. I am guessing that would make things easier. In addition I need to hook up my Scheel-Mann seater heaters...also something I can tap into there, right?

Is this what you are talking about: Amazon product ASIN B000THQ0CQ

I forgot to post the picture with the numbers. You use number 2?

Thank you sir!

The relay and fuse block sounds like a great idea! I want to eventually add more 12V cig outlets for charging. I am guessing that would make things easier. In addition I need to hook up my Scheel-Mann seater heaters...also something I can tap into there, right?

Is this what you are talking about: Amazon product ASIN B000THQ0CQ

I forgot to post the picture with the numbers. You use number 2?
Yes, exactly like that, butprefer the dual zone, so it can have 6 constant and 6 ign fired, like this one: Delta Vehicle Systems - Blue Sea Dual Zone Fuse Panel Scheelmann seats will do just fine hooked up to that. The harness they come with is fused at 15amps, so you can just trim things up and go direct to fuse panel.

Looks like you forgot the pic again?

Perfect. Just purchased that from you now!!!!! Now you also hook up a relay to that for the Switch Pros unit OR you can just tap into that direct without the relay?

See image below.

2020-11-22 09.15.59.jpg

this is inside our center console, single wire from under the dash triggers a big relay to light up 6 ign circuits, while the other 6 are always hot

95626130-520F-4024-BA6E-606D1EDF296E.jpeg

AD72AE28-1589-4ED0-98EC-0FE4570739B1.jpeg

the big roll of wire by the e-brake handle
AB83B2BF-4858-47F2-88F6-AEB0A0564E00.jpeg

With all the carpet back down. Just have to connect the two grey plugs and the harness wires can go anywhere from there.
1C3BB530-F2E6-4854-A2AD-4A17852EFC36.jpeg

CE55AFD8-688D-4F4A-ACBA-E12532AC391C.jpeg

Perfect. Just purchased that from you now!!!!! Now you also hook up a relay to that for the Switch Pros unit OR you can just tap into that direct without the relay?

See image below.

View attachment 2503364
Awesome, thanks! 1 or 2 work, we use 1 then 2 as an “overflow”.
Not following your first question, are you talking about for signal to SP?

Thanks for the pictures. A bit overwhelming! Haha. I guess I will work up to that eventually. I will start with the two sets of lights I have, the heated seats and a few extra 12v cig charging ports...add from there.

Yes, so for the Switch Pros 12V Ignition wire...I can just run that into the cabin along side the switch console wiring into the cabin. Then just hook that up directly to that blue sea panel you mentioned. Right?

Looks like mobile formatting is a little f’ed up right now, will have to edit and add back the descriptions of those photos that magically disappeared.

Thanks for the pictures. A bit overwhelming! Haha. I guess I will work up to that eventually. I will start with the two sets of lights I have, the heated seats and a few extra 12v cig charging ports...add from there.

Yes, so for the Switch Pros 12V Ignition wire...I can just run that into the cabin along side the switch console wiring into the cabin. Then just hook that up directly to that blue sea panel you mentioned. Right?
Correct

Edit: but to be clear, the blue sea panel needs to be wired up and triggered by a relay. Maybe a call on Monday would help?

Correct

Edit: but to be clear, the blue sea panel needs to be wired up and triggered by a relay. Maybe a call on Monday would help?

If you are able to chat for a minute that would probably help for sure. I am way more mechanical than I am an electrical guy. Haha. I am tracking what you're saying though. I want to do this right and plan to add more things over time. I want to make it easier in the future.

Looks like this is the relay you prefer? Amazon product ASIN B07T35K8S2

If you are able to chat for a minute that would probably help for sure. I am way more mechanical than I am an electrical guy. Haha. I am tracking what you're saying though. I want to do this right and plan to add more things over time. I want to make it easier in the future.

Yup, that’s the one

We also do pre-build them, but that geared more towards center console users, although it’ll mount to any flat surface (you can see one on the same mount on QPM here). Delta Vehicle Systems - FJ80/FZJ80/LX450 Center Console accessories

7D131C6D-80DB-4B2F-AA77-3EE6C1F9043E.jpeg

We also do pre-build them, but that geared more towards center console users, although it’ll mount to any flat surface (you can see one on the same mount on QPM here). Delta Vehicle Systems - FJ80/FZJ80/LX450 Center Console accessories

View attachment 2503450

Yeah I do love the center console you make, I'm just not ready for that just yet. I also like the QPM, but for now I think I'll mount this on the side of the heater under the passenger seat. Do you think the blue sea fuse block will fit there? Could also mount it under the driver side seat??

this is inside our center console, single wire from under the dash triggers a big relay to light up 6 ign circuits, while the other 6 are always hot

View attachment 2503365

View attachment 2503373

the big roll of wire by the e-brake handle
View attachment 2503376

With all the carpet back down. Just have to connect the two grey plugs and the harness wires can go anywhere from there.
View attachment 2503377

View attachment 2503378
@Delta VS So I’ve got most of this stuff in the pictures on hand. Correct me if I’m wrong.....so you have the hot from your Battery ran to the relay on the dual panel in the center console then back out to the SP to power it? Also where are you connecting the ignition light blue wire to get the ignition signal to close the fuse?

@Delta VS So I’ve got most of this stuff in the pictures on hand. Correct me if I’m wrong.....so you have the hot from your Battery ran to the relay on the dual panel in the center console then back out to the SP to power it? Also where are you connecting the ignition light blue wire to get the ignition signal to close the fuse?
Almost! Main power for switchpro goes in as short a path as possible to battery (so I guess if you have the switchpro brain in cab, powering it from center console might be a-ok). It can handle ignition, etc all on its own.

What do you mean by “close the fuse”? The relay? To fire it so it turns on with ignition? Lots of circuits you can use for that in various places, one I like to use is the ciggy lighter since I don’t use that or have it even in the dash.

Almost! Main power for switchpro goes in as short a path as possible to battery (so I guess if you have the switchpro brain in cab, powering it from center console might be a-ok). It can handle ignition, etc all on its own.

What do you mean by “close the fuse”? The relay? To fire it so it turns on with ignition? Lots of circuits you can use for that in various places, one I like to use is the ciggy lighter since I don’t use that or have it even in the dash.
Ya the relay. Sorry. I’m a lineman by trade. Revert back to power line talk subconsciously. 😂. I’ll be running the sp mount under the hood from you. Is the dual fuse panel in your center console is a completely different circuit from your battery not related to sp? Or do you run one of the 35A circuits off your sp to power it?

Ya the relay. Sorry. I’m a lineman by trade. Revert back to power line talk subconsciously. 😂. I’ll be running the sp mount under the hood from you. Is the dual fuse panel in your center console is a completely different circuit from your battery not related to sp? Or do you run one of the 35A circuits off your sp to power it?
@Delta VS

Correct, totally separate circuits (the way we usually set them up), but you can run it however you like! Here’s the “one line diagram” I put together a while ago as a starting point for systems, does it help at all? Basic Dual Battery Diagram - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/basic-dual-battery-diagram.1232205/

@Delta VS yes. Perfect. Thank you. Where do you suggest to mount number 8 in the engine bay on that diagram?
That one is just a “if you need it” type thing, we don’t have anything to mount them. That diagram is intended to be for more than just our parts. Have seen a few folks with mounting plates for various fuse boxes, etc under the hood, so that applies to those setups.

Anyone have any more pictures of their installations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom