Calling all Switch Pros Users!!!! (1 Viewer)

Yeah, a fuse or breaker should be mounted near the battery. I wouldn't run the breaker in the rear qp without some other type of wire protection. Lots of options in the car audio world.

I've always envisioned a plug n play fuse block that mounts by the right side battery with potted bus bars and a true block that is rated for the heat and can be submerged. I'm sure one is looking at $100ish in parts to do it + switches.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

I’m sure the feed cable is fused at the battery as well.

I looked at several different options and the absolute ease of install, plug-n-play nature, and massive amounts of customizations/control via its app, nothing I could make or buy would compete.

Yeah, i don't think there is actually a true plug and play aftermarket wiring of anything. Switch pros does have a nice interface, but a hefty price tag. It's mounting the switches that are a pain, not wiring it.

Delta VS

Supporting Vendor
Yeah I talked to the Switch Pros engineer. He was specific about not placing it there on the 80 series due to heat. That’s where I was originally going to design a mounting bracket 😞
Don't know why the SP engineer would say that? It's rated for 125C (NOT *F) and has internal temp sensor. We have done extensive testing in up to 110*F ambient and seen only as high as 125*F as a max. There should be NO temp issues with it mounted there.

20200716_172412.jpg
20200727_112046.jpg

edit: a word

I tried searching and didn't see too many threads on the 80 Forum for different Switch Pros installs. Seems to be much more popular in the 100 & 200 Groups! I did see @synapse setup, curious if you have more pictures or details of your setup. Did you make that mounting plate?
@NorCalFJ100 Yes, simple plate and bracket made. Though not sure you want to use mine as reference as I'm RHD, so this area is where your brake master cylinder/ fluid reservoir are...
IMG_20180908_122401.jpg

Don't know why the SP engineer would say that? It's rated for 125C (NOT *F) and has internal temp sensor. We have done extensive testing in up to 110*F ambient and seen only as high as 125*F as a max. There should be NO temp issues with it mounted there.

edit: a word
@Delta VS as shown above mine is in the same general area and have had no issues with heat for exactly 2yrs 1wk :) Exhaust side of the engine bay may be a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom