calling all 40s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am in no way trying to criticize! Just jealous... ;)

Wasn't offended. I am serious about not being able to collect so many today working or retired. Certainly not complaining about the fixed income. I can afford premium cat and not the cheap store brand so life is good. As for collecting not sure how it got out of hand but it did. Started collecting parts to upgrade my 68. Then found it was easier just to buy another cruiser. Went down hill from there.
C'mon! Any more 40's in Phoenix?

We should do a little 40's-series only gathering somewhere in Phoenix... perhaps once the weather improves.

Few 40 owners have air so would have to be a lot cooler. I am also not a fan of driving a 40 in city traffic. 4.11:1 gears and no overdrive the F engines screams on the freeway. Don't have rubber overdrive so no help there either. I am.curious how your thoughts of your FJ75 troopy with a H55F and assume 4.11:1 gears does?

C'mon! Any more 40's in Phoenix?

We should do a little 40's-series only gathering somewhere in Phoenix... perhaps once the weather improves.

Went down hill from there.
Few 40 owners have air so would have to be a lot cooler. I am also not a fan of driving a 40 in city traffic. 4.11:1 gears and no overdrive the F engines screams on the freeway.

The wife and dogs stopped me on that hill when they showed interest in tagging along and an ultimatum; A/C, and the ability to carry a conversation (without shouting), at highway speeds. :lol:

ill be doing it again in the spring for #3!

7d_28818-small-jpg.1954392

SAS Arizona style. :cheers:

Working on mine in Tempe this weekend...

blue 72 in Gilbert!

John is right having them in storage up North is ideal. Easier in soft parts, AND batteries. Damn shame they began salting roads up here a few years ago...I rarely go out of my neighborhood when the roads are salted. Left Buffalo to escape salt, now apparently the Hillbillies up here think it is a good idea. Too many Californians that dont have a clue about driving in snow.🙄. So the salt destroys our vehicles to dumb down the Winter driving experience for the stupid people👍

I am in Fountain Hills

OK so my friend Pat out in Chino Valley calls me up last week about a short run out in the East side of Chino Valley off Perkinsville Rd. We met up at Safeway Sunday AM, compared rigs(yep, all 40 series) and made our way out towards the powerline climbs off 318A.

231C07C8-9134-4F68-A703-E229EAED00CE.jpeg

My brother and I recently acquired a 78 FJ40 - located down in Tucson. Modified just a little bit. :hillbilly:

QaDAPU.jpg

who had the desert sand patina 40
Dave owns that one. 1967 I believe. Dont know Dave’s last name, he is a friend of Pat who wheeled his Mustard ‘77.

Dave owns that one. 1967 I believe. Dont know Dave’s last name, he is a friend of Pat who wheeled his Mustard ‘77.
is he part of CSC

Pretty sure the beige one is either a 68 or 69. The topless red one is either a 70 or 71. Of course the red hard top would be your 76.

My brother and I recently acquired a 78 FJ40 - located down in Tucson. Modified just a little bit. :hillbilly:

QaDAPU.jpg
you better call the bezel police on yourself :rofl::steer:🚙

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom