Builds Call me Deacon Blues (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No reason. I'm just always thinking. I have this one and building another. When I come back from Africa in ~6 months I'll be moving into an apartment. I'll have my daily beater, White Sheep and White Horse. I'll probably keep one in storage and the other at a buddy's house.
I wish I had your problems. Avoid the hiv at all costs there in the cradle of civilization…..

I'm back!!

It's been a roller-coaster for the 72h. Flew in at midnight on Friday, drove my car with expired tags from my buddy's house to my new place. Even when arriving there at 2am, I knew it wasn't the house for me (renting). Here are just a few pics:
20230915_111258.jpg
20230915_111247.jpg
20230915_111034.jpg

So I got the He'll up outta there. Thankfully the property manager from the last place I renented had a spot for me.

20230919_122425.jpg

Getting used to Ol White Sheep again. Ears perking up with every weird noise I hear. The engine is still purring like a kitty and somehow still getting 12.5 mpg. . .just a few rattles that I need to go deaf to after driving again.

Welcome back brother. I was wondering if we’d hear from you. That first place looks like an upgrade for the Army. You should’ve taken it.
I'm a bit more boujee in my later years 😏

Welcome back. Last deployment right?
Possibly. I told them they can use me overseas till March 2024. After that I'm a year out and will become a "s***bag".

I might go back in January to help out a little and get a few extra dollars.

Possibly. I told them they can use me overseas till March 2024. After that I'm a year out and will become a "s***bag".

I might go back in January to help out a little and get a few extra dollars.
Check, well welcome back and great to see your rig again.

Been there deployment wise, Navy 05-13

Welcome back. Don't burn through the overseas pay too quickly....nevermind, we love seeing other people on mud burn through money on their 80's. It helps us justify our own spending :)
White Sheep is a "complete rig". Of course I'll buy little nicknacks for her, but nothing too crazy.

My other LC project is another story. One of my spare bedrooms are full of parts with a few more big purchases to make.

Went to Logan's Run this weekend. As always had a great time. Same things broke as always. . front sway bar linkage. The Whiteline heavy-duty swaybars are not made to the trail. This time it ripped the passenger side tab off that holds the swaybar to the front axle. It also ripped my ABS wiring in half. No big deal. Quick fixes.

20230923_115050.jpg
20230923_115921.jpg
20230923_082005.jpg
20230923_081915.jpg
20230923_075354.jpg
20230922_155008.jpg

Love your rig. The short bus bumper has been growing on me of late. I do a lot of crawling over large rocks though and I’m wondering about the approach angle. I’m embarking on a new build and I’m thinking either the short bus or the 4x4Labs front bumper.

Love your rig. The short bus bumper has been growing on me of late. I do a lot of crawling over large rocks though and I’m wondering about the approach angle. I’m embarking on a new build and I’m thinking either the short bus or the 4x4Labs front bumper.
I'm a bit of a Slee fan boy, so my opinion is bias. Thanks for the compliments though.

It was a long weekend, so I actually had time for both cruisers. Fixed the passenger side ABS my swaybar ripped off a few weeks ago, added a real center diff switch, installed Wits' End fire extinguisher bracket, and gave the truck an urinalysis.

20231006_095252.jpg
20231006_100345.jpg

20231006_101308.jpg

20231006_120540.jpg

I've been holding on to this Black Stone oil analysis for a while. It makes me feel like when people go to the hospital and find out they have a short time to live. . .I hope this isn't the case 🙏🏽

I feel certain I've missed this somewhere. What brand of intercooler are you running with the SC?

I feel certain I've missed this somewhere. What brand of intercooler are you running with the SC?
I'll have to see if I can find the particular brand. It was a kit that I bought from a former MUD member.

Ah. That makes sense. I'd guess it came from Oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom