Cabin Filter Warning Labels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These are awesome. So much more straightforward than the factory sticker that comes on the later year vehicles. While the information is all there, I doubt any tech is going to take the time to try to decipher it.

3AAC3B34-384A-4DF0-85B7-3A8A73B10D0B.jpeg

Signs are a terrible way to notify and,
in particular, change the behavior of humans in general. Honestly blue painters tape with writing on it would be more effective. Especially if it had to be removed to access the panel.

I always lock my glovebox and remove the physical key when I leave the vehicle with any mechanic. The sticker is a nice reminder if someone somehow gets that far. Well worth $5 in my book.

Thanks, @Hoosier Daddy, I got my sticker installed just before my recall appointment at the dealer.

New batch is in, and ready to ship to everyone who has paid in the last week.

Demand is high enough that I'll just plan to keep some on hand all the time instead of running batches sporadically.

To order a decal -
1. Send $5 via PayPal to mailabout-decals@yahoo.com
2. You MUST include your postal mailing address in the remarks section of the PayPal transaction.
3. Decals will ship 1st class mail on the following business day. If you don't receive the decal within a week, let me know.

By now, hopefully everyone here knows that in order to replace the cabin air filter, the HVAC needs to be in the RECIRC mode. If not, the Recirc mechanism can be damaged, sometimes with no good repair.

If you aren't convinced this is a problem, see here: Cabin Filter Change and the Recirculation Flap Issues FIXED

Earlier model years of the 200 did not come with a warning label about this issue. The new trucks supposedly have a warning label, and I believe the part number may be 87529-60020. They are just a couple of bucks from the dealer. Unfortunately I cannot find an actual photo of this label. Perhaps someone with a 2019 truck can post a photo of their cabin filter warning labels, please?

View attachment 2082009

I created my own vinyl decal, which measures 3"x1.5" and which aligns within the little hash marks on the cabin filter panel. This makes it easy to install straight. I believe this is a worthwhile preventative step, as it just takes one well-meaning dealership tech to really screw up your HVAC system.

View attachment 2081992View attachment 2081993View attachment 2081994

Newest version of the decals have rounded corners, for a more OE look. New photos will be posted soon.

To order a decal -
1. Send $5 via PayPal to mailabout-decals@yahoo.com
2. You MUST include your postal mailing address in the remarks section of the PayPal transaction.
3. Decals will ship 1st class mail, usually on the following business day. If you don't receive the decal within a week, let me know.

If you don't have PayPal, PM me and we'll figure out a Plan B.
Hi Brad thank you very much I received my sticker today. 👍

View attachment 2532457

Hi Riaz, I'm glad you finally received yours. Sorry that first batch got lost in the mail.

(By the way, you might want to remove that picture since it has our home addresses.) :)

Ordered - thanks will be a good warning. I also like the blue painter's tape idea as well :)

I just put the current large sticker over the ridiculously complex factory sticker. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom