Cabin Filter Warning Labels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hoosier Daddy

SILVER Star
Threads
By now, hopefully everyone here knows that in order to replace the cabin air filter, the HVAC needs to be in the RECIRC mode. If not, the Recirc mechanism can be damaged, and the repair is often neither cheap nor easy.

If you aren't convinced this is a problem, see here: Cabin Filter Change and the Recirculation Flap Issues FIXED

Earlier model years of the 200 did not come with a warning label about this issue. The newer trucks have a warning label, but it's written in hieroglyphics and is basically useless.

EDIT - TWO MAJOR CHANGES

CHANGE ONE - I have always felt a bit uncomfortable with selling these in the regular forum, since I'm not a vendor. This isn't a business for me, just a fun hobby, but IH8MUD rules prohibit selling in the tech forums. So, I'm going to change up how these decals are distributed. Instead of asking a set price, I'm just going to ask for a dollar to cover costs of postage, Paypal fees, and supplies. At $1, I'm basically giving the decal away for free. If someone wants to donate more, then please donate what you think is appropriate.

CHANGE TWO - We all agree the new OEM warning label is nearly useless, but the 3x1.5" decal shown below is too large to fit beside the OEM decal on the filter panel. So, I'm creating a 2x1.5 decal that will fit nicely there. There will now be a large (3"x1.5") version for older models without the OEM decal and a small (2"x1.5") version for newer models with the OEM decal already in place.

EDIT 11/29/2021 -
No longer available.

20210215_142707_resized1.jpg

Last edited:
Is it bad that I still wouldn’t trust them?

In the rare event mine goes to the dealer I lock the glove box and keep the key blade with me. The sticker is still a good idea in case I forget.. but this is the only way I can be sure they won’t finish off my already-broken-and-repaired door.

Is it bad that I still wouldn’t trust them?

In the rare event mine goes to the dealer I lock the glove box and keep the key blade with me. The sticker is still a good idea in case I forget.. but this is the only way I can be sure they won’t finish off my already-broken-and-repaired door.

Bloc, you're totally right and that's SMART.

I went to two different Toyota dealers for my recall issue recently and expected neither to have any reason to open the glove box. However, both did "inspections" without checking with me first. Thankfully, neither had actually checked the cabin filter like they said they did. But the risk was there, and I wasn't expecting it enough to lock the glove box door. When I went back the third time, you'd better believe that door was locked!

Still wondering if anyone can snap a photo of the labels Toyota is putting in the newer 200s.

Last edited:
Thanks Brad! :cheers: I had to do a little trimming. Which instructions do you think the tech will understand the Toyota sticker on the right or Brad's on the left?o_O

IMG_8214.jpg

The stickers are a good idea as a secondary line of defense, but the large red sign I taped on the access door didn’t faze the ignorant tech who forced open the door and damaged the linkage on mine. It still rattles at idle. I will not allow access to any dealer in the future, by locking the glovebox and keeping the key.

Can I get one too? I know you sold the extra ones, but I think enough people would like them!!!!

Thanks for posting that photo. The OE decal Toyota from the 2019 model isn't nearly as impressive as I was hoping it would be. Its meaning certainly isn't very obvious.

Since the factory decal isn't as great as I was expecting, I'll go ahead and get some more of the simpler, color decals made. I'll probably have them by end of next week. I'll update this post when they are available again.

The ones you made are great. Thank you!

Put me down for one if you decide to make another batch. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom