Buy damaged 100..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boarded up.....headed to Fargo :eek:

Figured they would salvage title it....didn't want the claim on his insurance, plus wanted to get something new.

Brrrr, hope the heater works on the ride home...

Fargo to Atlanta? That's a long drive home for a rolled 100- but probably worth it. Good luck.

You said Mid West but Fargo in the winter? I would have wired the money and left it there until it thaws in the Spring.;)

He didn't want to tip us off to his craigslist score! Fargo is the upper Midwest.

Awesome.

Scratches and dents do not affect the vehicle's reliability or performance.

Safe travels!

How is the undercarriage. Being a Midwest truck and all, that would scare me more than the small amount of body damage.

Only thing I can say for Fargo is it's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra!! :rimshot:

-3 upon arrival....I braved the temps, ice, snow, and truckers and made it to Minneapolis by 3. About to get back on the road and see how far I can make it to Nashville before I need to crawl in the back of the cruiser and sleep some more.

Cruiser runs good and brings a smile to my face to see 155K on the odometer......but she does need a bit of work. But at least the tail warmers work!

One heck of a trip for a $3,500 Cruiser. Be safe on the rest of your way home.

Pics of the journey!! Not only did you get a badass deal you got a priceless story to go with it

$2750 paid for cruiser.
$250 ticket
$40 hotel
Gas......
20170109_100102-1.jpg
20170108_231337.jpg

Congrats - great story and great trip! So, any surprises with the rig? How was the damage in person - better or worse than you expected? Safe travels and post more pics!

@WarWagon - my brother, friends and I just finished a trip in a 62 from Des Moines to Charlotte this weekend. Butt warmers would have been nice! Enjoy the new rig.

@WarWagon

When you get back to GA, and go to register your truck, you may be surprised (and pissed off) by the way Georgia values your truck for the TAVT- the one-time title ad valorem tax that is based on the value of the vehicle. They use some combination of book value and FMV to come up with a value to "fee" you on. I say fee because its no longer a "tax" so you cant write it off. Anyway regardless of what you actually paid for it- DMV determines the value. There is no negotiating, only to pay that sum. So should they unjustly overvalue your truck ( they prob will) while you are there ask for the paperwork to protest the value. Once your protest is submitted they will send out an estimator who will then asses the condition of the vehicle and present it to the "board of assesors" to re-establish the fair value- I doubt they will write it for $2750 ( hope you are luckier than I was)

So before you do any work to it, make sure you have it valued correctly so you dont overpay. I went through this on my cruiser when I purchased it out of state. The rate they valued my truck at was $6,800 more than I actually paid for it. That arbitrarily cost me an extra $475. I went through the protest process and got a little adjustment, but not much.

Here is the link to the calculator they use. Plug in your VIN# and it will tell you what you will pay.
Georgia Department of Revenue

Good luck

Yeah, unfortunately Im all too aware of the GA ad valorum tax :censor:

Making my way through Madison, Wisconsin now! Tons of driving ahead of me still. Thankfully I can listen to the National Championship game tonight while I drive.

20170109_101416.jpg

Hard to say if the rig was worth the effort yet. It has potential, this I do know. And if she gets me back 1300 miles, well there's something to be said of that too!

Bits of rust underneath. Nothing more than surface rust upon initial inspection. Treatable. Fix the front end and the rest of the damage is something I could live with.....or at least slow fix.

What I do know is I have a cruiser with only 156K on it. She ain't gonna win any beauty pageants, this I know. But I could fix her up into a blue collar rig!
Mean and ugly :skull::zilla:

That is proof of addiction. But- as long as he doesn't admit to it.... So was this a find from just scouring Craigslist search engines? Seems like she is worth the risk. If the old girl gets you home in one piece she is a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom