bUSSMAN fUSE BLOCK RELAY INSTALL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Whats up fellas, So I ve finished my new belts, hoses, power steering lines and dual batteries . And Im installing a Bussman fuse block with 5 relays and 10 fuses. I figured out the wiring to all the switches and then back to repsective accesories. my only sticking point is I have 5 fuses for constant hot. Im not sure how or why they are there and where to hook them. lil help??

I...don't understand. You don't know how to wire the 5 battery hot circuits? or you don't know what to hook them up to? Did you do the bussman yourself or have someone wire one up for you? How is it wired?

I...don't understand. You don't know how to wire the 5 battery hot circuits? or you don't know what to hook them up to? Did you do the bussman yourself or have someone wire one up for you? How is it wired?
what Im asking is what wouldI need of the block that wouldnt be switched, yes I made the fuse block myself and they 5 by 5 design is what I followed 5 switched 5 always hot. I just cant seem to think of what I would want always hot.

what Im asking is what wouldI need of the block that wouldnt be switched, yes I made the fuse block myself and they 5 by 5 design is what I followed 5 switched 5 always hot. I just cant seem to think of what I would want always hot.

Ah, gotcha.

1. Fridge
2. CB/HAM radio (I prefer mine on ing hot so I don't leave it on, but I see both sides)
3. USB ports?
4. small inverter
5. Work light around back or side

That kind of stuff.

I just did this same Bussmann it sounds like.

I did 5 micro relays and 5 fused outlets.

Yes there are 10 outlets but I don't think you want to use them all. The block is only rated for 80amps.

IMG_2421.JPG

Pre wire the circuits that you don't use with Metri or Weather Pack, put plugs on the part of the connector away from the fuse/relay block. You can then just pull the plugs and wire whatever it is you are adding right to the box. You'll come up with more electrical items as time passes.

It's a real clean way to wire a bunch of add on's. It is not perfect for everything but great for things like additional lighting, interior power sources etc. I have a 62 build getting 4 light circuits on the rack alone, this box wired like the Tacoma thread lays out is perfect.

I drew up a panel to mount the boxes to, either with the ground buses or without. Make whatever feet are required to mount where you want it and you have a clean fuse box under the hood.

17757521_1468776466486573_5077458404770629218_n.jpg
17499161_1468776496486570_5890505994557008117_n.jpg
17309352_1457491480948405_1285592733217621861_n.jpg

Last edited:
Every truck I build requires direct BAT and IGN power for all sorts of things in the dash area. I have been putting a bus panel in the driver's side kick panel area more and more. The under dash wiring harnesses are always hacked up with multiple stereo,alarm,lights,USB ports etc. Rather than mess with that I solder in a tap to the IGN at the steering column and use that to fire a fused relay under the hood converting BAT power to IGN power. I run a harness into the kick panel and now have clean, stand alone power to use how I need it. Think boat :)

19060207_1552069838157235_5458743922371766367_n.jpg
19030211_1552069784823907_2745843466207720309_n.jpg

Jesus, you do it that guys way and you'll spend a small fortune and 100 hrs wiring it up. Clean and cool but good god that had to cost a lot, that list is huge.

Also, weatherpacks suck, I'd skip their connectors and just use the metripack pins on the fuse block.

Last edited:
I keep looking for one of these on the Wits' End page, but nope! A nice fuse block with custom 80 specific bracket for starters. Add to the core offering with some al a carte ancillary dual batt add-ons, battery disconnect, and what nots would sell nicely...whatcha say @NLXTACY :hmm:

are you guys keeping the block hot all the time, or have a heavy switch for it .?

Hot all the time. It is a secondary fuse/relay box, no real reason for a cut off that I can think of, unless it is a racing application and then the entire electrical system would be cut off including the OEM fuse panel. No reason you cant wire in a switch between the battery and the box if you wish. I power the box with a fused lead off the battery.

Hot all the time. It is a secondary fuse/relay box, no real reason for a cut off that I can think of, unless it is a racing application and then the entire electrical system would be cut off including the OEM fuse panel. No reason you cant wire in a switch between the battery and the box if you wish. I power the box with a fused lead off the battery.

Or just a simple circuit breaker will accomplish the same thing.

are you guys keeping the block hot all the time, or have a heavy switch for it .?
Mine is hot off my aux battery but I have a 100amp bussman breaker. its working out perfect def takes some time but damn it cleans it up and it looking sweet.

Last year I put in a dual battery system with a regular Blue Sea fuse box and with circuit breakers at each battery instead of fuses to more easily disconnect them when needed. Now I have the opposite question from the OP, what are you putting on these switches and why? Why not hard wire and put a switch on the accessory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom