Bushings I don't know how they should be, my gut is telling me something is WRONG?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are the two small threaded mounting holes (on the spring perch) for the spring pins welded over? I can't tell from the pics. Those threaded holes will have to be intact for the original spring pins to work.

indeed

Well worked all day yesterday, got three of the four. Started late due to learning, and ordering.
Great news... besides the PIA of grinding off plate.... it is coming off nicely. SO far have saved all holes, and the mounting screws. Had to redrill and bore 3 of the 6. NO big deal. Saved the threads on everyone of them. After my small grinder quite on me... I was stuck using the 3hp 7# beast of a grinder. It parallels the Mud mantra of getting a BFH. So came off pretty easy.

In reflection, now that I can see what is right on my end.... it is as Dom said, "simple as mud", you are correct. As far as the internet. Why contemplate what is not... waste of time.

If I remember to, I will post a pic or video of my handy work.... I must say not bad for an amatuer. Really the hardest part was getting it all, without taking any meat from the perch. Thanks for the help, even the sarcastic stuff. Donny's AM bout of playground name calling got me inspired to do this the right way.... Since I have no idea who and where he is, it allowed me to assume he was the jackass that made the mod originally. Left me ever so determined to make it right!

anybody have some input on the Castor Correction Plates?? Another adventure that is in the mail. Doesn't look to hard, again just a big' ole PIA.

Sounds awesome! This thread and discussion has been a huge help. I would be so lost or would spend so much money paying a "Toyota" mechanic.. The first few issues I had i ran to a shop and paid through the nose for bad work. Now i read and research and most fixes are just time and a BFH!!!!

Keep the updates coming!

BAD news today... now I know why they changed them all..... Welder comes tomorrow to see if we can save or have to build a new perch.....

I don't think the internet can teach me this one.....LOL

There is a little meat left, but I see where it was cracked and why they changed (fixed) it.... All is well, in the end it will be correct.

The mood is good, and taking it in stride, sucks yeah, but still good to know that this too will be "right" one way or another.... any body got an extra 78 rear left (dr) perch if needed ? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom