Burning huge amounts of fuel.......Help!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK- I'm getting roughly 6-7 miles to the gallon on my '78 FJ40 with a 2F and 33's. I know they aren't great on gas to begin with, but could this be caused by a need for a carb. rebuild? It's also stinking to high heaven from what I believe to be running too rich. Need some help here. ???

GreenWeeny78,

Thanks for the reply. I've got the stock Aisin carb. so I get it rebuilt. Any ideas on the best people to send it to?

There are a couple of other folks around who do a great job as well. Crzrtech (or however he spells it) is over here occasionally from the Pirate board.

But then, maybe you can just adjust it or rebuild it yourself!

It's probably either your float or needle and seat...possibly some crud in there. Either will cause the bowl to overfill and just dump fuel in there. When it really completely craps the bed it won't idle anymore.

I second Krzrtech (Richard D). He does carb rebuilds for around half the price that Jim C charges. Richards been workin' on cruisers for a LONG time. Not sure who rebuilds them better or anything, but if just for the $$ difference, I would go with Richard. You can reach him by email at kruzrtk @ xmission.com (Just take out those spaces there of course...).

-Ferg-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom