Bump Stops/rear tires rub on trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if anyone sells extended bump stops? Wanted to look around before trying to extend the originals.

I am running 33x12.50 tires on wagon wheels with 3.5 back spacing. I also have a BDS 2.5 inch lift. At full articulation the rear wheels rub the inner fenders a bit. I'm assuming keeping the axle from traveling all the way up will prevent this.

Am I thinking about this wrong?

Thanks

or some wheel spacers,

as far as bump stops make your own

You generally want bump stops to protect your shocks from over compressing. As a side benefit, it will decrease the rubbing at full stuff. I made some spacers like these:MAF 4+Plus 80 Series Bump Stop

spacers

Will wheel spacers make the tire rub/hit the fenders??

no they will not hit, unless of course you go too wide. i think in your case 1 inch would work great, just like running a 2.5 backspaced wheel. damn near perfect

Any Idea's??

Hi All:

Until last year I ran some soft two inch lift rear springs with 33X12.5 radial tires on 3.75 inch back-spaced wheels, so I know what you mean.

After each 'wheeling trip I would clean the inside rear wheelwells and then re-paint them (with rattle can, of course! :D )

That said, I have increased the rear lift by 50% and installed 1.5 inch MarlinCrawler-brand wheel spacers on the rear axle. I'm assuming that this will be sufficient to prevent further tire rub on the rear wheelwells! :D

Regards,

Alan

I hear ya on the rattle can fix! I'll check out those spaces, just don't want the tires to rub the fender flares/outside fender lip either. Josie, did your tires hit the outside fender/flare?

Bump Stop Measurement

Don't remember which I'm running, will have to measure....

That would be great. Thanks for the info!

I'm using the 3" drop.

Set up is: SUA w/4" spring lift, 1" body lift, 35" tires.

There's only 3" to 3.5" of spring travel before the axle starts to hit the bump stops.

Hi All:

Nope, no issues with contact to the outer fender lip in the rear. Now in the front . . . had to trim the lower front lip of the front fenders because of tire contact at full compression. Mind you, this was on pretty hard-core trails.

Regards,

Alan

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear ya on the rattle can fix! I'll check out those spaces, just don't want the tires to rub the fender flares/outside fender lip either. Josie, did your tires hit the outside fender/flare?

Hi All:

Nope, no issues with contact to the outer fender lip in the rear. Now in the front . . . had to trim the lower front lip of the front fenders because of tire contact at full compression. Mind you, this was on pretty hard-core trails.

Regards,

Alan

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate the info on the spacers. Once I get the parking brake pads replaced I'm placing the order from Trail Gear for some 1 inch spacers. They seem to have the best price from what I've seen.

Thanks again!

be careful not to open that can of worms,

some are touchy on that subject

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom