Builds Brosky's Never to late build thread

Redgrrr

I have a problem with 40s
SILVER Star

Just saw this thread for the first time today. Nice work on the inner fenders @brosky your making me wanna fix my hacktastic pie cuts on my front and rear fenders! @nukegoat here is some pain for your eyes 😂 from the poser crowd:moon:

4D746FD3-58C4-48EF-B85C-95FEC6ECB4AE.jpeg

0E7B18FA-8144-46A1-8A90-1144C5FEB5A1.jpeg

A249BFA6-298A-40F2-8E08-81083CA5D495.jpeg

Last edited:
Just saw this thread for the first time today. Nice work on the inner fenders @brosky your making me wanna fix my hacktastic pie cuts on my front and rear fenders! @nukegoat here is some pain for your eyes 😂 from the poser crowd:moon:

View attachment 2278317

View attachment 2278318

View attachment 2278319
Thanks for the kind words. There probably a nice middle ground some ware between what I'm doing and the pie cut thing. I am really happy with the way it's coming out, but it's a boat load of work.

Redgrrr

SILVER Star

If the wheelin in my area wasn’t so destructive to sheet metal I’d care a bit more what my truck looks like. After I raisin out this body far enuf I’ll end up cutting the roof off and caging it.

nukegoat

Should have bought a Jeep
SILVER Star

If the wheelin in my area wasn’t so destructive to sheet metal I’d care a bit more what my truck looks like. After I raisin out this body far enuf I’ll end up cutting the roof off and caging it.
The problem is that the radiator support and crap on the inner fenders expects some sort of structure.

Redgrrr

SILVER Star

The problem is that the radiator support and crap on the inner fenders expects some sort of structure.
I definitely agree. I believe I already have problems such as the hood release not working all the time, body lines etc...because my inner and outer fenders are not bolted together any longer. I have almost all the parts to link the front so I’ll have some additional structure in the engine compartment. That will happen well before the roof goes. My buddy who builds rock buggies/race cars will hopefully be doing the work so it doesn’t look like my inner fenders...:deadhorse:

Last edited:
Got the drivers side finder painted, It's good from far but far from good. I just keep telling my self it's a rock crawler not a show car
1587994829862.png
Painted the driver side rock slider while I was in paint mod.
1587994880680.png
Then the seam seal & undercoat went in the wheel well.
1587994942138.png
modified the battery Box as it now sits 1/2" higher.
1587995001309.png
1587995051398.png

I also got my reg insured as a antique show car as it is over 25 years old now, I had to get it appraised & I was pleasantly surprised at what it appraised for. I was paying $350.00 every six month for 300k worth of liability no comp. Now it's $85.00 for the same 300k liability plus it has comp & collision. :clap: :cheers:

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
SILVER Star

It's gonna B Rad!

I was able to go back & look at the pics on a 30" PC screen rather then just my phone & I do say, you have done an outstanding & by far (like baldilocks wrote) the most detailed, best documented fender cut & welding that I ever have seen.
Lets go do sum wheelin... :steer:

Last edited:

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
SILVER Star

Brosky, your Adventure Rig came out awesome. It was great to see you. Since the lockdown it was actually fun to hit some beautiful scenic fire roads.
When Pismo opens up lets hit the beach & grab a pizza.

Happy Trails...

Last edited:
How was the shakedown run? Noticeable gains?
On the road it rides smoother and is more stable. The dual rate coils help the ride the 3" wider stance make it more stable. Noticeable loss of power over the 37"
Off road felt good ride was smoother, again I think the dual rate coils helped.
The real gains should show on the trail. ;)

Top Bottom