Breather replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

while carying my axel housing oustide to prep'em up for paint, I droped one on the floor and damage one breather beyound repair.....

Is there someone thats makes e replacements that i can weld on the housing or should I simply buy a used axel housing?

any comments pictures or else are welcome!

Marlin Crawler makes an Axle Breather Kit for Toyota Pickups and 4Runner. This will allow you to run a hose up into the engine bay and not be concerned about the breather getting stuck and allowing water in. Those axle breathers will eventually get grease and dirt in them which affects their proper function.

Axle Breather Kit

the marlin kit is for later axles with fine threads IIRC. Toyota makes coarse thread breather nipples to hold the brake tee and has a nipple. search the forum.

I cant recall the number off the top of my head

I replaced the breathers on the pig with hardware store brass/copper hydraulic fittings. I used an old metric nut to convert the sae thread to metric. With a bit of teflon tape to help seal it and 1/4 hose extensions to vacuum hose, it worked well. All it has to do is let air in and out & seal out water, so i figured it would work and it has. ty

heres how i did my breather
twin sticks 004.jpg

the s/s/ line going to the breather, what kind of breather is that. looks like the breather might still get wet in a h2o crossing?

I run both of my extended breather lines to this K&N filter under the hood.
Aux Fuse Panel 02.jpg
Brake Tee 01.jpg

It is so funny how there are always some of you out there thinking about the same thing as I am. After installing new shocks I was down looking at the worn tubing on my breathers and thinking that I'd need to get some fittings and run some new tube. I gotta say I'm liking the idea of running everything to an air filter under the hood. Never would have thought of that on my own. Nice one guys.:cheers:
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom