Brake pedal axis on FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what the brake pedal axis is on a 75 and up FJ40? Trying to do the equation of what bore master cylinder I need with piston area of my calipers. Thanks

Thanks Jdc1, yep running Wilwood calipers with a stock 40 pedal cage to a fj80 master, with my piston area and pedal ratio there is a formula to try and figure bore size. Thanks!

If the piston area of the calipers is known, as is the master with the fj80 parts, can’t you just rearrange the math to come up with the pedal ratio needed?

I suppose so.... but I’d rather just buy a different master than modify the pedal geometry if I had to. I plan on going with a 1” bore but7/8 to 1.25” is readily available and simple bolt on.
This is the article I am referring to.

Not sure if this will help but I'm running 4 piston Wilwood's at all 4 corners with a FJ80 non-ABS master. Spec's I've seen state all FJ80 masters have a 1" bore. No problems stopping with 33-12 1/2" X 15 tires.

That helps tremendously! I’m doing 6 piston but I believe the piston surface area is similar. Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom